Projected Starters 2023

Lots of moves happening with this roster. Can someone break it down?

3 Likes

Let’s wait till Spring practice is over to even worry about this

5 Likes

Way too early to say. This is moreso of a post-Spring Game topic.

1 Like

We really need spring ball for this but if you give me a position group I’ll give it my best go :joy:

2 Likes

I think it will look better than last year. Saying this with the quality recruits and transfers. We got guys this year that are plug in and play types.

Question mark at QB and biggest loss in my opinion is the d line. We did get 2 good transfers but without Derek we saw the struggle and D’Anthony is gone. Those 2 were legit ends. Hard to replace them.
We did good with the corners in my opinion by getting George and Hamilton. Still have young guys that played last year who will hopefully only get better.
I think we will look bigger. Said it before Dana and co have done great job in getting players thus far. I am sure there are more to come. There are insiders on this site that know more.

Now are we ready to compete in the big12 next year? Not sure, but roster may look better than last year.

WR M Golden
WR S Brown
WR S Johnson/M Harrison-Pilot
TE M O’Laughlin/M Byrnes
LT P Paul
LG C Johnson
OC J Freeman/D Harris
RG T Johnson
RT L Robinson/Transfer
QB D Smith
RB A McCaskill

DE N Caesar
NT C Nwanko
DT S Williams
DE D Ugwoegbu
LB T Cheeks
LB M Robinson
CB B George
CB A Hogan
NB A Haulcy
SS H Hypolite
FS A Brooks

9 Likes

Hoping to see Ish Harris and Jamal Morris at LB, hoping Jamal bulks up a little more tho, his body size still seemed like a safety last season compared to Mutin or like an Elandon Roberts

Also I’m really hoping to see Moses Alexander at CB this year, hoping he wasn’t a bust and coach just wanted to redshirt him for Big 12, he has nice size at CB 6’3

Moses and Brian George at 6’2, we’ll have great size at CB in Big 12

1 Like

I think you mean D Hunter not D Harris

1 Like

You are correct, Sir!

We’ll see on Alexander. He may be too raw. Hope not. Anyway, my starting lineup is just a guess. We may well see another LB or two start though I think Cheeks is a pretty good bet to take over for Mutin.

2 Likes

You can go back and correct it you know. I’m glad someone has the where with all to come up with a starting lineup because there’s too many options for me to even make a stab at it – particularly on defense.

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

The classifications are from the current roster posted on uhcougars.com and from the transfers’ former school sites.

1 Like

At this stage Sam, this is as good as it gets…

3 Likes

Sam…

There aren’t very many fans among us who could or would make an early list of starters, so thank you for the effort.

Seldom is it to early to speculate.

7 Likes

Too early.

Just good fun y’all !
Go B12 Coogs !

1 Like

Is this projected Lineup superior to our 2022 Lineup?

1 Like

There is still going to be another wave of roster changes after the next transfer portal window opens in the spring.

So this topic isn’t really relevant to talk about until early summer.