Question: Does it make total sense for FSU to join the SEC?

No, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.:rofl:

4 Likes

Florida will spit blood before they allow FSU in their league…and Florida is a long time influential and heavy hitter member of SEC…They will be talking to their pals Georgia, Auburn, Tenn, Kentucky and Vandy and asking them to vote NO…not to mention other schools who will have reservations…no way FSU gets the votes to get in…

1 Like

Reason why they’re going to the B1G.

I’m telling you…. As long as they aren’t AAU, then they arent getting a B1G invite.

What does the B1G have to gain by adding FSU? The travel logistics don’t even make any sense. You’re talking about Olympic sports, baseball, etc… traveling across the country just to play FSU?

It makes zero sense.

Not sure I agree.

If aTm can be convinced to let UT in, then I’m sure Florida can be persuaded.

If the SEC didn’t take Texas, then the B1G would’ve taken them. That’s why A&M agreed.
Having a true, historical blue blood like Texas comes in handy for future negotiations

The B1G shows no sign of wanting FSU, and respectfully, neither does the SEC in all honesty.

Aggie is a newbie with ZERO influence…They initially complained about Texas and got told to sit down and shut up by SEC power broker schools…When Florida gets up to talk, they wont be alone…and THEY will be listened to…

1 Like

They did it would be called tampering. You have no idea what back channel discussions maybe going on or not…

I explained in the other thread

It makes zero sense. They aren’t AAU. The travel logistics makes zero sense.

Cal, Stanford and SMU were invited to the ACC out of sheer desperation.

The B1G isn’t desperate to add FSU. They still remain the highest revenue-earning conference.

I think the vote was unanimous regardless of what happened with the OUT move to the SEC.

Soon as you give me definitive proof beyond your own opinion based on whatever, I’ll stick by what I think, just like you do. Beyond that I least I provided document evidence that the B1G said AAU is not a cut off from an invite from them et al. where as the then B1G Commissioner.at the time Kevin Warren commented as much. Give me something to the contrary don’t give me that lame stuff it was in relation to ND, only. Even I know you are because that’s the only crutch you have too lean on.

Who cares about AAU

The travel alone just makes it illogical.

If you are so sure the B1G takes FSU, then you have to at the very least explain why

Give me logical reasons why it makes sense for the B1G to add a school they don’t even need, and why you assume all B1G would unanimously vote to bring them in

If they make an AAU exception for Florida State…it’ll be because they believe that their brand is too big to pass up.

Just like ND back in its pre-AAU days.

Not sure, but we’ll see!

2 Likes

Never said I was sure just like I know you’re not sure they won’t be. If FOX says they’ll pay full share for them, there in. One thing B1G loves is money.

At any rate though, I’m hardly convinced that FSU wouldn’t be just as appealing, if not more appealing, to the SEC.

Better geographical fit for sure.

One team can’t stop them; see aTm and the SEC allowing UT.

Because some of the SEC teams won’t see the need to add them especially if B1G doesn’t pose a threat

Again, Texas was unanimously voted in because B1G would’ve taken them. Oklahoma was a unicorn by themselves

The Gators are going to be against adding FSU, and having another school to compete with in Florida for recruiting isn’t something everyone will be on board with

That said, if FSU lands in the P2 it’s 100% the SEC over the B1G

1 Like

A&M agreed to add UT

If the SEC didn’t add UT, then the B1G would’ve added UT. That’s something the SEC wanted to prevent

B1G has no incentive to add FSU, so why should the SEC be in a rush to add FSU?

Only after aTm protested but their protests were disregarded and it was decided, then they made it unanimous save face the SEC.

I suspect Florida will take a page from A&M. Quietly oppose Florida St.'s admission to the SEC and then when Florida realizes it does not have the votes to block Florida St.'s admission, publically support the addition.