Quotes from BoR Meeting on Athletics

Yep!!

I think that this may be a situation where the team would rather have a full stadium on tv, even if it’s full of fans from the road team. Half empty stadium would create way too much negative buzz.

1 Like

There are programs that are satisfied playing the game. There are programs that are satisfied winning the game.

These statements make me think that us fans need to reset our expectations to pre-Dave Maggard levels.

Be OK we’re competing in a P5. Be happy for our W’s (it’s hard to win), accept (expect) our L’s, and ride the Power gravy train as long as we can.

Mission accomplished.

3 Likes

Texas Tech went 5-4 in the Big XII.

Solidify the QB position after Tune, get McCaskill back, hold onto most of the current team, add some pieces from the portal, and don’t revert back to the ball control offense from 2021. If you want to make changes at DC / OC, I am good with that as well.

UH rarely won C-USA or AAC championships and were not even the best at getting to the AAC Championships so I don’t expect a Big XII title at this point. But I also don’t expect to finish at the bottom of the conference. At least we get to see next season and not play hypotheticals.

24 Likes

Despite my desire to see CDH gone, CougarDave has the most sensible post on this issue that I have seen…well said!

2025 UH wins it first B12 game

1 Like

Where’s the maroon coming from?

But yeah, I don’t even think that was subtle. They’re saying it right there in the open, and that comment’s real discouraging. Bluntly, if Tilman wants TDECU full of visiting fans, I guess I’ll step aside and grant his wish. Hope his suites in DKR East and Amon G. Carter South next year are worth the money.

Shhh…the flip side to that is that Kansas went 3-6 and demolished UH but I think it depends on injuries and match ups (including OC/DC match ups and whether they will game plan based on the opponent or trust their system) more than anything else in college football.

1 Like

You could flip a lot of our win/losses if you changed at what point we played them. Kansas might have been a win a few weeks later with their backup and our O doing better. UTSA could have been a loss later in the season with our defensive injuries. Would have held SMU under 50 if we played them at the start of the season. Tulane was the one we blew, had the QB injury while playing at home and choked.

2 Likes

Texas Tech was on a backup QB, and we needed a Pick Six even to get to OT. That was a much less even matchup than it looked on the box score.

Not sure what the fuss is about on the BOR quotes. Everything is accurate. On ticket prices, Fertitta is basically saying its supply and demand. Less supply (smaller venues) and higher demand = higher ticket prices.

Really happy to read the comments sponsorships.

We are getting there…

7 Likes

That is one way to twist it. That pick six came with 12 and a half minutes to go. We also had the ball at Tech’s 21 yard line with a minute to go. Settled for the FG since it was tied. I would say a game that was never more than a 7 point difference for the last 28 mins then 2 OTs was an even matchup.

5 Likes

Yikes. What a horrible delivery. We are basically being served an over salted seafood platter and being told to pay too much for it.

UH is Landry’s

9 Likes

So next year we are going to magically get better. Lol. Excellent. The past is the predictor of the future. Have you not seen enough of the past?

2 Likes

So let me get this straight.

They think that because 4 years wasn’t enough to improve and a weak schedule and him not beating any significant P5 teams (WITH ALL THE RESOURCES WE HAVE) WE HAVE TO BE PATIENT?!?!?

HE LITERALLY HAS EVERYTHING HE NEEDS AND THEN SOME. OTHER COACHES INCLUDING HERMAN WERE GIVEN LESS

now they’re saying tickets will be priced higher than other stadiums because we have less seats??? ND because we’re paying a high premium and want to regain some of that money we’re going to sell our tickets because Dana can’t coach??

5 Likes

Maroon was supposed to be OU. FYI - I am colorblind, so apologies if that was off.

Buckle up boys…it’s going to be helluva a bumpy ride. Obviously Capt Mediocrity isn’t going anywhere soon. Just win a few games and don’t be a doormat is best we can hope for awhile…
lowered-expectations

6 Likes

Well, Dana is not going anywhere. And I never said they would get magically better but they might improve next year. I was simply pointing out that the Big XII was not significantly better than the AAC this season. K-State is going to the Big XII Championship yet lost to Tulane. UH was a 4th-and-20 stop from beating Texas Tech.

I just don’t get the projections that UH cannot win any Big XII games for the foreseeable future. But, as I said, I don’t expect any Big XII Football Championship Banners to hang with our 2 C-USA and 1 AAC banners anytime soon. 3 Conference Championships in almost 40 years so I temper my expectations on those.

Fire Dana / Keep Dana? I don’t care. Belk stays or goes? Again, no feeling either way. UH football will survive – we have lived in darker valleys in the past and survived (barely). Enjoy the P5 ride – we have wandered in the desert long enough.

I

9 Likes

Uhhhhhh…no.

The Big XII currently has two TOP TEN (one of which is #3) teams playing in its championship game.

The AAC isn’t close in that regard.

There was a BIG…SIGNIFICANT gap in the caliber of play between the Big XII and AAC this season, with the Big XII holding an obvious advantage.

This will definitely be a step up in competition for us, but unlike some here, I do NOT see us falling flat on our faces and going winless next season in conference play.

8 Likes

Yes

That’s exactly what Holgorsen said on his radio show buckle up and get used to it, not a good attitude or omen

4 Likes