Rare Trans Am sighting

I went to the Auto Show yesterday. The show is to highlight the newest cars. However, in 1 corner were a handful of classic car. On display was a 1969 Trans Am convertible. If it was th me real deal and not a replica, it was 1 of 8. That’s right. Only 8 of the nearly 700 Trans Ams in 1969 were convertibles. 5 or 6 years ago, an owner turned down $2 Million for his.

9 Likes

That is a gorgeous car

2 Likes

That was a replica. Still beautiful though.

How can you tell?

I’m in a Houston Trans Am group on Facebook. I have a 99 TA Convertible. The owner of that 69 is in the group. He told me it was a replica. Otherwise, you couldn’t tell.

My car :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Not a Trans Am but my 1982 (maybe 81) Firebird SE. Did a lot of damage in this thing.

3 Likes

When did Hasselhoff have a mustache??

3 Likes

Everyone knows this is the only real T/A.

5 Likes

It would be tough to find those. I have a 2009 Dodge Challenger RT , this color bye , and put a cold air take filter with flowmaster 10s so now it sounds great.

Its a good looking car vs the Camaro of today and mustangs are mainly kids cars since they can easily be modified vs other cars. The front of the challenger really looks good.

Looking good Johnny!!!

1 Like

When I was much younger, I had a 1978 in Brown. It was stolen. I’d give my left one to get it back.

1 Like

I watched “Thunderbolt and Lightfoot” the other night, (great movie) and that was a sweet Trans Am Lightfoot (Jeff Bridges) stole.

2 Likes

Fantastic film, I think Clint dislocates his shoulder in that scene.

Semi-side note. Catherine Bach was smoking hot in that movie.

Went car shopping with my parents to Gillman Pontiac in Sharpstown back in the day. I thought they were going to buy a Trans Am but instead we went home in something called a Honda Accord. What a let down. But that Accord turned out to be a great car.

4 Likes

Honda accord’s last a long time and are great. We have a 2006 still going strong.

2 Likes

On the challenger muscle car rt like I have , they sell them stock with huge suitcase type mufflers and resonators so I replaced it with the flowmaster 10s on exhaust and got really small resonators which worked great for extra hp and sound. It’s pretty much what you have to do on those. From the factory they are really quiet and restricted like most cars.

1 Like

OT—-Spielberg is directing a remake of Bullitt….Bradley Cooper in main role.

My son bought a brand new one in San Antonio , 2021 Thanksgiving……drove it home to Denver….not bad when a 23 year old can go do it on their own regarding down payment and financing.

Only has 7k miles on it and keeps it covered when not driving……should hold value well I would think.

1 Like

They generally hold decent value and are fun to drive and look good. If it’s new he might want to add a cold air take filter,add a better exhaust system and resonators to reduce constriction which is what I did then stop. He can easily pay for it and enjoy the car more. Flowmaster 10s and really small resonators and cold filter air take then he’s good and prob stop on mods. It will add 30 to 40 hp. I have a 372 hp and now prob close to 400 hp give or take. The car is heavy so it won’t beat a supp up mustang or Camaro but close to 400hp is enough. Fun car to drive thst looks great too

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2019/11/top-10-cars-that-hold-their-value.html