Reality is amazing

I’m certainly glad those years are over.

7 Likes

And this is why we say in Sampson we trust. This board was pretty silly after the ISU/TCU losses. Was pretty humorous lol

3 Likes

Anyone know if there’s full game footage of Clyde’s first game as coach vs Texas?

Oh gosh, I had forgotten the Bird/Birdsong game. Was a good game, thanks for reminding me.

1 Like

Speaking of big men, why can’t CKS recruit one? Do they not fit his system? I know there are a couple on the roster but not yet playing.

I think Kelvin would love a big man that is agile and quick who can defend very well. Those guys are rare as hen’s teeth and highly sought after. We have a culture that he is not going to stray from for any player.
I don’t question his methods, they seem to work pretty well so far. Our team has done pretty well against those 7 footers.

3 Likes

Francis and Tugler are solid defensively

we wont talk about their offense though :zipper_mouth_face:

Yes, they are solid defensively but I’m talking about a 6’10 + guy. Could you imagine how good their D would be with a bona fide inside presence? I know they’re not easy to find.

As per CKS, most times you are a slow team with 6’10 guys. I concur. Height does not equal to agility, athleticism. Rather have someone with longer wing span like what we have.

2 Likes

Big man is not easy to find that would fit into Sampson system. UH needs to start a BB development camps in Africa and Serbia build a pipeline of talent for kids who want to play U.S. ball.

1 Like

Think about what you just said Doc.

We beat UT and A&M in the same season.

Let that soak in….haven’t been able to say that in years and years….and even if we were in the same conference all these years it wouldn’t have happened.

We owe the Sampson family a huge thank you.

14 Likes

I remember an article came out 10 years calling the UH vs UT victory in the CBI tournament one of the greatest all time victories. I couldn’t believe it with all the historical tradition UH has but that’s how low the program was at the time. This program has come a long way back with Sampson…

1 Like

Agreed, and we will not see them on the schedule any time soon if ever.
On to bigger and better things with CKS!

3 Likes

That was a fun game, though.

1 Like

He prefers ~6-8, Long arms and athletic over 7 foot slugs. He has made mention of it before and spoke to it after the UT game. If he could find a guy that was athletic like JOJO but a whopping 2 inches taller I’m sure hed take’em. But he doesn’t care about 6’10 vs 6’8".

I feel like the third paragraph is directly addressing the folks who keep crying about a 7 footer.

7 Likes

Think about it, if a 6’8" guy with 7"6" wing span can jump 3-4 inches higher than a 7’ footer, he plays much bigger and quicker then a 7 footer. We will test that theory with Dickenson on Saturday.

1 Like

I was so disappointed when we lost the NIT to St Bonaventure that year. Back then the NIT was more meaningful.

1 Like

7 foot guys like Anthony Davis don’t come around very often and then they leave after one year.

Those guys usually play pro in Europe and then get drafted.

I like it when Sampson said this is the conference we"re supposed to be in, this is the conference we want to be in

3 Likes