Recruiting

Don’t know why we’re not talking about recruiting. Perhaps I missed it.

Rivals rankings

1. 79
  2. 95
  3. 53
  4. 66 Currently

Regardless of how folks spin the portal stuff, those numbers scream mediocrity.

2 Likes

Dana is a bad recruiter we know that.

2 Likes

How many recruits that were at the game Friday will we get? Sad but it will probably be Zero…

1 Like

We haven’t recruited well in a decade this isn’t breaking news.

Some folks have been pointing out Dana’s recruiting for 4 years and have been met with gaslighting for 4 years. Now all of a sudden we don’t have have enough talent. Well that’s not what 95% of our fans have been saying.

2 Likes

What was the magic with Levine? Why was he able to do it?

2 Likes

Jimbo can recruit (buy) but can’t coach.

That guy is horrible. Had Winston and won a natty. I think he’s very overrated.

1 Like

Levine learned how to evaluate talent. My guess is that it happened in the NFL.

What part of the 95 % are delusional?

Looking in hindsight we held on to Levine, he may have panned out, given more patience. Considering he could recruit and eye good talent. Dana is our collective karma

1 Like

…and he’s a standup guy!! Never saw him throw a headset!!

4 Likes

Levine is genuinely the nicest UH coach I’ve ever met. Just a really solid and decent man.

I sometimes wonder if he was given the resources to hire a great staff and 4 years to build where we’d be. I honestly don’t know.

8 Likes

Levine got fired because he let Travis Bush run his offense not once but twice.

3 Likes

I have seen Saban and Belichick throw headsets.

2 Likes

CDH is letting Dawson ruin his reputation as well.

4 Likes

There were recruits at the game Friday including one of our QB targets. One fan decided he should tell the kid that Holgerson is a terrible coach and he shouldn’t sign here. The recruiting staff had to tell the guy to get lost. Great impression to leave on our recruits.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/On3Recruits/status/1577364890095869952

1 Like

Most recruits want to play in front of fans who love their university, even Cal has more fans than we do. Bring in the students, pee wee football, cheer camps, band camps, and quietly build a fan base with non complainers. Excitement is contagious, so is negativity.

4 Likes

Still a long way to signing day but Dana has to inject a good amount of talent via portal or HS recruiting for next season. The DL is still undersized & can’t control gaps when teams establish the run & our OL can’t run block to save their lives but I think that might be Dana’s scheme more possibly.

giphy-downsized-large