Regents Approve Football Ops Bldg

Its a shame we went away from our Art Deco roots.

Imagine if we implemented design standards that all buildings were to be designed in that style- we would have one of the most charming and unique campuses in the country.

7 Likes

Women’s beach vollyball

7 Likes

Looking at UH athletics page, looks we have 6 men’s sports and 9 women’s sports.

Would we still have to add a women’s sport if we added wrestling since we already have more ?

This has to be the least expensive college sport. This sport could pay for itself. All you need is to bring in some sand and a volleyball net. You need very little material for uniforms so thats a big savings.

Maybe 4 or 5 girls and one coach or use the top girls from the volleyball team. It saves on scholarships. Track and field indoors and outdoors use the same athletes. It’s a win win situation.

Edit: Apparently I know nothing about the intricacies of beach volleyball but it seems you would have about 15 girls and 3 coaches that participates in weekend tournaments at different schools.

3 Likes

How do I get on the season ticket waiting list for women’s beach volleyball?

2 Likes

I proposed that 2 years ago.

1 Like

We should add women’s beach vb. It would be cheap and a big draw. It would make UH more popular.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it isn’t the number of sports but rather the number of scholarships vs male - female population. For example, if UH student population was 50/50 then we would need 1 to 1 male female scholarships. UH is 48/52 male to female and thus needs more scholarships for women than men to comply totally with Title IX. We currently give a few more men’s than women’s scholarships.

Gotcha, thanks for explanation !

Looking at the EADA report, we have 337 male participants and 268 female
participants. 27.5 million expenses for men and 9.2 million on women.

EADA report also gives break down by team.

Men’s and Women’s golf teams have expenses of $691,000 and $608,000. They are cheapest and followed by women’s tennis at $658,000 with 12 participants.

Exactly!

Women’s beach volleyball is growing rapidly. It’s going to be everywhere really fast. Frikkin hbu already has a team.

2 Likes

That’s what the flag dudes said. :smiley:

4 Likes

It is also very easy to change out and refresh.

Tulane and tcu have beach vb and even Boise st.

We really should have one then.

Tell pez

3 Likes

LSU and HBU has teams too.

I really hate this look! It completely destroys the symmetry of the “bowl”. Just fill in with regular seats and connect to that level by the scoreboard. Makes sense to connect the levels. In my opinion, this suite/box section looks very awkward. Looks unplanned - an afterthought! It just conflicts with the overall architecture of the stadium! We don’t want the stadium of being an hodge podge of architecture!

1 Like

Who wants Wrestling??? If we add a men’s sport it should be MEN’S SOCCER.

UH Men’s Soccer would have a solid following and we would quickly be competitive with all the high school soccer talent in the Houston area.

Adding a sport that would get media attention fairly quickly would simply be another marketing arm for the university.

3 Likes

Some people when given a million dollars cash would complain about the condition of some of the bills. I am just thrilled this facility is getting done and I couldn’t care less about the view of downtown, the luxury seating, or any of the things some people find to complain about.

7 Likes

It’s already asymmetrical. The glass would just fill in the gap. I think it’ll be a nice addition.

6 Likes

…with a new sponsor everything is possible.

3 Likes

Damn!