Regional Projections (5/21)

We had our chances to prove ourselves but it just didn’t work out…I really doubt we deserve a spot but I would take it if offered…time to get out and beat the bushes for some really good players, both pitchers and hitters.,…

2 Likes

Disappointing season. We seem to be going in the wrong direction. Coaches cannot find the answers, and the players make fundamental mistakes game after game.
The future is fuzzy for baseball.
On the other hand, our softball team is definately going in the right direction. We lost to the evil empire, but the girls had a great season.

1 Like

No doubt we had a down year and that happens to everyone. Texas has one of the most storied programs in the country and look what has happened to them recently…
I am not ready to throw this staff under the bus just yet considering our track record over the past five years…
If we are going stale under Whitting we will be able to tell by our recruiting, or lack of, and our play on the field the next couple of years.
We have a lot of competition recruiting the Houston area, with teams like LSU,Texas Tech, TCU, Agy, Horn and others all in the market.
This obviously was not a fundamentally sound team this year. We really had no studs in our starting pitching and our hitting, for one reason or another, was anemic at best.
As far as the women go we pretty well got blasted in those two games at Horn…but Texas was the better team and playing at home.
When the women start winning some AAC crowns I will believe they have arrived.
That said, I want all our programs to be competitive…Go Coogs…

3 Likes

I know it’s just a magazine prediction. I doubt we even make the playoffs at this point, but hypothetically, if we do end up backing into the 3 seed vs A&M, who’s all taking the road trip to College Station?

I think we will end up going in…the bubble is absurdly weak this year and someone is going to have to fill those spots. I’d definitely make the trip but I think we’ll probably end up in a regional with one of the national seeds.

1 Like

If we get in the tourney, a roadie to BCS is a winner…remember what happened last time played to Collies ? NCAA tourney is awesome…get hot and who knows…Coastal Carolina

2 Likes

Man, We just have not looked good at times this year, and that’s where we are at right now. I’m not one to bash the Coogs and I will gladly take the invite, but I don’t think we have earned it. That said, I’ve got the same mindset as Bultokid, get there, heat up a bit and enjoy the ride.

3 Likes

D1 Baseball

1 Like

Whose predictions tend to be more accurate? D1 or BA?

I think they are both legit. As I stated on another thread I think the AAC Tourney results could have some big implications on who makes it out of AAC Conf

My concern is if UC or WSU wins the tourney that could steal bid from Coogs. WE know ECU, UConn are in safely and UCF & UH are right there on the bubble. Imo our best bet is for UConn to win Tourney and UCF to be eliminated tonight so they don’t move past us in rpi rankings. Up to date Houston is at #41 n UCF #43 . Going to get interesting.

1 Like

Another one to watch is CUSA. FAU is in but USM would be taking someone’s spot if they win that tournament (basically at home for them).

Too many to keep with. Usually 2-3 bids are stolen over the weekend. All they can do is wait it out.

Didn’t keep up w CUSA this year, did FAU win reg season

Yes, FAU won regular season. USM just no-hit Rice to advance to tournament championship. I really think they’ll easily win the title Sunday, but even if they don’t, they’re probably going to get in over UH at this point.

1 Like

Last team in according to D1 Baseball right now. Not looking good.

Well we know it’s going be close either way. So at least both are showing still in. Can’t erase losing 5 of last 6. What you don’t want to see happen is UC beat UConn today in our own Conf Ship. They would steal a bid n more than likely team from their own Conf being UH.

Well uc is up 14-4 so that probably is not going to work in our favor.

22-4 now lol

Thanks a lot UCONN pitchers.