Renu Statement

Probably more realistic to think the powers are evaluating things like:

• are there really any viable, outstanding HC candidates?
  • have we already extended offers to OC and DC candidates?
  • is there a viable, outstanding OC or DC candidate that could be considered for the HC position in the event of another mediocre season?
  • $$ costs (not including deep-pocket CoogFans)
1 Like

Agree. I have been more than forgiving and felt that he should be given some time to get his players on the field, coached up, etc. This season has been one disappointment after another and then a complete humiliation to cap it off. We don’t need to give him another year to see if he can turn it around.

6 Likes

It’s too late looking for a new HC. Applewhite will be here next season but if the record goes to 4 losses, they will fire him. They need time to find a P5 coordinator from a winning program. I hate to say it but someone with a Herman like personality.

1 Like

Yes and if I had $5 for each time TV announcers said during Memphis and Army that they didn’t understand Houston’s defensive alignment, I could take a nice vacation right now.

11 Likes

Reading into her statement, I think that’s part of the evaluation.

4 Likes

She also said she’d be chilling out…code for not answering drunken e mails

1 Like

Looks like Opie is going to be blown out.

You wait a few weeks to make a decision on a new HC and staff. You don’t wait a few weeks to make decisions on coordinators. Especially when you’ve already had 4 weeks to go over potential coordinator candidates.

Since it is unlikely we’re gonna wait a couple of weeks to hire a couple of coordinators, you can draw your own conclusions.

1 Like

Lets quit screwing around with incompetents. I would hire the Alabama defensive coordinator and pay him 4 to 5 million. He can be HC and DC.

1 Like

Or there is no contingency plan in place.,.,

When someone gets reviewed and evaluated it means that they are getting fired.

9 Likes

In the business world a review and evaluation typically occurs annually.

2 Likes

That was my interpretation too. Just waiting until after the 1st of January.

2 Likes

It’s not too late there will be more fires and hires as these bowls play out.

6 Likes

It comes down to money for Renu and Pez. Yes big buyout for CMA but how apathetic (not angry) is the fan base if he is retained? Angry fans can still buy season tickets. But if we are pulling CUSA attendance numbers is paying his buyout justified? And how much do we owe NoD for firing him? Everyone is quick to point out we get 900K for Briles but some of that is offset by firing the DC. I trust Renu and Pez on this. They are very smart and closer to the program than 99% of us.

1 Like

I’m sure Khator got an earful in the club area at the basketball game today.

I did not see her in the club today. Doesn’t mean she was not there though.

She was at her floor seat during the game at half time she disappeared

Gonna disagree with my friend, Ghis. With a caveat. Maybe Major would agree to a negotiated buyout knowing we’ll get killed next year and he’ll have zero market value. If he exits now, he leaves with a winning record that would attract some schools for whom he’d be an upgrade. Otherwise, we don’t have the money. So, if Major is cut loose, look for a negotiated buyout to be in the story. But I don’t think it happens that way. We ain’t got any money.

Are you a season ticket holder? If not, how many games did you attend this year?

OK, if we keep CMA, are YOU going to stop going to the games? If your answer is yes, then you have classified yourself as a fairweather or bandwagon fan.

If the answer is no and YOU will keep going to the games, why do you assume other fans – not bandwagon riders – will not.

It seems you are assuming defeat before the first spring practice, the first fall practice, and the first game. I don’t know how we will do; but you will have to show me on the field when the final whistle blows in each game before I will say whether we win or lose.

4 Likes