Request from No Conference for Old Men to CoogFans members

Hi all! A continued thx to all here for the continued support & listenership!

I’ve got some exciting news for an upcoming episode & would like to solicit input from CoogFans members. We’re still working out schedules, but our AD Chris Pezman has agreed to participate / be interviewed on one of our episodes! He’s a fraternity brother of one of the old men (Bill Walker), and actually asked Bill why we hadn’t invited him on yet :face_with_hand_over_mouth:!

So we’re looking to you all for suggested questions to pose to Pezman during the interview. I know there are probably a littany of “tough” ones folks have pent up, but full disclosure we did commit to providing the questions ahead of time where he would have the option to nix ones he didn’t want to get into. But we’re going to try to slip a few in nonetheless :sunglasses:! This’ll be an episode that we’re going to try to push hard to get listenership up, since I believe folks have been wanting to hear more from our AD.

So please fire away with questions here and we’ll see which ones make it in, thx all!

Oh and BTW, new episode has just dropped :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!!!

3 Likes

On behalf of Pollard, how we doing in baseball this year and plans for updates to that program/facilities? What is it going to take to get blue chip baseball down here in H-town?

7 Likes

NorCalCoog please review the thread that I opened up:

I was in school when Chris played. He is a Coog through and through. It is time we think abut creative ideas (why I opened up this thread) Thank you.

6 Likes

Why he would do that? Be my question. He needs to learn how to hit the fastballs, to build fan trust and support. So the former is my question, why he won’t accept questions that haven’t been vetted and when TF going to open his wallet or use his influence to build a NIL 2nd to none?

1 Like

Maybe he wants to prepare and not get caught guessing?

4 Likes

when are the palm trees put in place…

2 Likes

How does he plan to address the athletics budget reduction from student fees due to no transparency on the budget?

Will the fees be reinvested to the student experience?

If UH were to give a one time payment of million, would you opt to use it towards turning the court/cameras in the off-season?

1 Like

4 Likes

With turning the cameras around would also eliminate a lot of whining on this board.

Well worth it!

2 Likes

Does anyone have an orientation where the coaches players arent visible in the main camera?

1 Like

Kansas did.

1 Like

Kansas, Alabama Duke

1 Like

Which Fraternity?

Ask him if he thinks Towns looks like Charles Manson on a zoom call and if that makes him uncomfortable.

Lambda Lambda Lambda

1 Like

1 Like

Also why in the world are we running offensive plays for Francis???

ain’t no public speaking espert, but i thunk in the interview world they would call dis a “softball” talk.

Hey gang, thanks for the continued support :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:!!!

Just wanted to give folks a heads up, that we’ll be publishing our interview w/ Chris Pezman on Monday as a “special edition” episode! I think it will definitely be one that folks will want to listen in to, where we’re going to let it stand on it’s own as a separate episode vs including it as a segment in the next episode.

Our AD did NOT duck any of our questions, and gave what I thought were thoughtful, well-reasoned answers. Even went into details around NIL which I think many on here may not agree with or like, but is the reality we now live in. And I’ll say that I’m glad that he has the perspective he has vs living in denial of it.

@92010Coogs I did pose your question, but in a more open-ended manner that may not have hit the mark you expected. It was directed at he and the Athletic Dept and how they could directly impact building that next generation fan base like we see at UT & A&M.

So be on the lookout for the episode to drop on Monday, thx again!!!

3 Likes

The first two plays shown could be a reason.

Did you see that from about the FT line drive to basket last game?