Rest in Peace

Eddie McCann passed away early this morning. I don’t know how many of you had the pleasure of knowing Eddie, but he was one of the greatest Cougar fans I have ever known. He never attended the University of Houston a single day, but you could not have a Cougar
football, basketball, or baseball game, without expecting to see him there. He was a regular attendee of many football practices as well for more than 40 years. Eddie was a major member of the.Road Warriors, who have
travelled to many road football games since the late 1970s. Eddie was one of the most optimistic Cougar fans I know, always expecting a better season than everyone else did. Eddie was kind to a fault, nice to everyone he met, and never a bad thing to say about anyone . His one wish was to see the. Coogs win a national championship in one of the three major sports. He didn’t quite make it long enough, but hopefully the basketball team will do it soon .A whole bunch of us will miss you buddy.

35 Likes

Do it for Eddie!

Sorry for the loss of your friend and a member of our Coog family.

4 Likes

Yes Eddie was a prominent member of the road warriors. Drove many o mile with Eddie. His basketball seat behind PBR and me will now be Empty. He will he greatly missed. Life can change in an instant, he was at the Alabama game…. Now gone. Seemingly in an instant without foreshadowing as PBR said I first met Eddie at a football practice during the Yoeman years. He was always there in a blue Hawaiian shirt.

Let’s win one for the Eddur!

3 Likes

Eddie was a great guy and I am sad to hear that. When you told me about his condition at the SMU BB game I was shocked, now he has passed. He seemed so energetic and his normal upbeat self the last time I saw him earlier this season. I was just an acquaintance of his, but liked him a lot.

2 Likes

Seemed like a “young man” but it’s been awhile since I saw you guys. Throw down dunk for Eddie and the road Warriors!

2 Likes

I remember Eddie from a few mid-90s road trips and a lot of mid-90s baseball games. During the early Rayner years, the only people that attended games consistently were the players’ parents, the Road Warriors, and the LWRH.

As expressed by PBRCoog, Eddie was a Cougar through and through.

3 Likes

I have known Eddie for approximately 35 years and he was one of the truest Cougar fans I ever knew. He always looked for the positive and was a true supporter, both in the good and bad years. He will be greatly missed by all of his friends and family. My condolences to his family, especially his wife, Elizabeth, and son Michael… I like to think that he is with his daughter Jenny now rooting the Cougars on. Rest in peace Eddie!

7 Likes