Rice Game Time 5 PM

Thought it would be released by 11 AM today — anyone seen it?

Trying to make some family plans

EDIT with game time — thanks @RedDragonCoog

1 Like

5 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1569368126416113672?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

5 Likes

Thank you…

Oof. ESPN+.

2 Likes

We still play Rice?

2 Likes

Hope we get Rice off the schedule. And especially, no reason to give them a home game with us every other year.

3 Likes

Why? It’s an easy FBS win that is essentially a home game for UH no matter where it is played.

10 Likes

Yup — I like the extra ‘home game’ when it’s away. And it’s a good prep game before we start conf play.

Trivia — IIRC, Rice & UH are the two closest D1 football schools. About 2 1/2 miles as the crow flies.

7 Likes

Pez mentioned scheduling Rice yearly. The B12 standard is one P5, one G5, and one FCS. Yeah I don’t care for Rice but whatever.

4 Likes

Why fill their coffers by bringing 80% of the crowd to the game at their place. If we are going to play them, let it be our home game at our stadium every year, or at worst, do a 10 year deal and give them two home games out of the 10. And if they don’t wanna do that, I am sure Sam Houston State would be more than happy to take their place on our schedule.

8 Likes

We should have ONE Texas G5 OOC game each year, rotating these schools-

Rice
SMU
UTSA
Sam Houston

Plus…

2 P5s from other conferences ( one really solid opponent and one bottom feeder P5)

Plus…

1 Out of State G5- we still have relationships with the current AAC members

2 Likes

As I understand, Rice tried to screw us with outrageous rental fee for Rice Stadium when building TDECU which is why we played at NRG and soccer stadium. I’m fine never playing them again and would rather play UTSA, Tulane, etc.

3 Likes

I am happy with Rice as it is a guaranteed win and right here in town.

The 5pm time works for me.

6 Likes

That’s what UT and aTm used to say about playing us. I wouldn’t mind never playing Rice in anything but it is financially advantageous to us and travel cost are nil.

4 Likes

I don’t care, and have never cared, what Texas A&M and the Teasips say about anything.

2 Likes

Hard to get excited about this game.

1 Like

As long as we beat them , I’m good with it. Rice just plays us like the Super Bowl so it’s not always easy.

We looked into that a year or two ago on this board. Not only do we win about 75% of the time, but our average margin of victory is 3+ TDs.

It’s usually not close.

1 Like

I want to play Texas State again. San Marcos is fun.

6 Likes

What about UH and TSU? I assume you mean FBS. We have 3 D1 within 2.5 miles.

1 Like