Rice Game Time 5 PM

Thanks — Yes, FBS

If this game is on ESPN+ why is it at 5?

I guess this is what the media guys call 4th tier content.

When scheduled the soccer stadium was not available due to MLS playoffs. The Dynamo were eliminated and it became available. Rice would not let UH use the locker rooms so it was transferred back to soccer stadium. All the tickets had to be reissued.

Everyone plays us like it is their super bowl.

I thought it was Georgia Tech and Georgia State that are closer once GSU moved to the Sunbelt.

2 Likes

True bc we’re still a brand name from the SWC. I remember when went went to Cusa thinking it could be good rolling thru conf and playing a national schedule with the other 4 non conf games. Helton had that 1 yr where we beat Pitt, Lsu , maybe North Carolina in helton’s last yr but we had misery before that under him and we played down and recruited to Cusa level which I didn’t think would have happened. I thought we’d be the Miami of Cusa like they did in the big East. Basically, teams recruit to the level of the conf which I learned.

I thought we could easily play big name teams and run thru Cusa but I was wrong bc Helton sucked.

Cusa really wanted to beat us bc we were just from a power conf. and it seems to continue.

In 1996 we played Lsu to a 35 to 34 loss and lsu won 10 games that yr. We won the conf in 1996 and I thought it would be the norm winning conf and playing a great non conf slate but Helton fooled me. Dinardo wasn’t a bad Lsu coach , he just couldn’t win a national title and Florida and Bama were problems. Sabin then got hired to put them over the hill.

Remember leaving Tiger stadium after we beat them and all the LSU fans thanking us because now they could fire Dinardo

7 Likes

The point is, I don’t want us to be like them.

If Rice ever showed they were interested in a TRUE rivalry game, I would not feel this way. But when they bring maybe 500 fans to our stadium, and we have three quarters of the fans at their stadium, it shows me they are not bought in or coming close to pulling their weight in a rivalry. It could never be said that Houston didn’t support our team when we played Texas or Texas A&M. It was always our largest crowd at home, and we always traveled well to their stadiums. If Rice ever supported their team when they played the Cougars like we always did when we played the Whorns or Aggies, I would fully buy into a home and home series with them. Until they show they are serious in doing there part, no way would I favor an even home and home split.

1 Like

I agree and the last time that we played them here, both of there fans came to the game.

3 Likes

Rice is a home game either way so let’s roll with it

3 Likes

The students get excited and Rice is always fired up for us. Makes for a decent atmosphere

1 Like

It is not a home game for us at Rice. Yes, crowd wise, we have the majority of the people there. However, it is a road game where they get all of the gate.

Well we can’t be like aggies and longhorns and hate they get the gate. I hate rice and ut only but

Aggies and longhorns used that against us so I’m not going to care if we help them.

I do hate rice and UT most.

Screw that goat blowing Rice, they’ve been against us going way, way back and we’ve been beating them for it for a long time.

1 Like