Ron Franklin Passed Away

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/amp/Ron-Franklin-Oilers-voice-ESPN-dies-16786614.php

2 Likes

It is a pay to read.

R.I.P. Mr. Franklin.

1 Like

He was a great one. Always a nice guy to me and a great sense of humor as well.

1 Like

He always portrayed himself that way. When I lived in Houston or when he was on espn I enjoyed his reporting. He let the athlete speak, the coach explain. He was a true pro.

2 Likes

Great announcer but kinda a jerk

He was a great announcer. It’s too bad he had to retire the way he did.

When ESPN CFB coverage was great. Nothing like Franklin and Mike Gottfired calling an SEC prime time game in the ‘90s and early 2000s.

1 Like

RIP :pray:

I remember watching Ron on the local NBC affiliate. And I believe he was Raycom as well.

RIP Ron

2 Likes

I remember him as being the voice of the Oilers on radio. The Oilers were had some great play by play guys when they were in Houston.

Ron Franklin
Jerry Trupiano
Tom Franklin

1 Like

Ron Franklin and Ron Stone were the best in the luv ya blue era!

Sad news about Mr. Franklin.

3 Likes

I always liked Ron Franklin - very professional and a nice voice. My condolences to the family.

1 Like

I always like Bob Allen back in the day …

Indeed. Houston was/is so luck to have three great tv sportscasters. Bob Allen, Ron Franklin and Mr. Bill Worrell.

Played Karl Young in mid '70’s on a team (coached by Tommy Kaiser) sponsored by Bob’s Dad, Lee Egalnick (absolute prince of a gentleman; had no idea he founded the KY league.) Bob Allen spent a lot of time DelMar field and he also gave UH baseball a lot of airtime. A great person and supporter of Houston athletics

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, in my mind this was Tom.