Roof over TDECU

After having to fight rain heat and cold is there any place we could raise the money for a retractable roof or some type of cover so we and everyone else can be safe and enjoy a game with our friends and loved ones?

Found ECU made a gofund me for an IPF. I was wondering if there was something specific and a specific number we could target to make it happen?

Saw this rendering online (joking obviously)

If 20k fans gave 100 for it to happen that would be 2M. I don’t claim to know how much it cost but it should definitely be discussed.

3 Likes

Yeah let’s get a retractable roof for the 15k fans that show up to the games every year

2 Likes

Lets hire the contractor that we got for the temporary stands for the UT game in bygone days.

2 Likes

why not i dont get why the number of fans are relevant for viewing and safety?

1 Like

Just need to refer to The Simpson’s for a solution.

2 Likes

Putting any type of roof on TDECU would cost more than it cost to build the stadium. Retractable would put it at 4-5 times the cost.

3 Likes

Cant be any worse then that travesty of roof the Rangers put on their new park that makes it look like a storage shed.

Don’t blame me, I voted for Kodose. :crazy_face:

Yes, not to mention the cost to air condition the stadium, otherwise you’ll create a highly humid environment.

Even if this really cost a couple million (it wouldn’t), there are far better places to use those funds in upgrading TDECU.

1 Like

Exactly, we can’t even climate control the restrooms. Anyone notice how beatdown looking they are after only 7-8 seasons because of that environment?

Maybe a pergola compromise.:woozy_face:

1 Like

Not possible unless you re-engineer the entire infrastructure. Unless someone or a few want to donate $100M it is not going to happen.
There are some “marketing/beautifying” upgrade that should be done. IMO the entire inside of the stadium should either be painted white or red. Red might be an issue with the UV’s reflection. Watching our stadium on TV does not “say” it is our stadium. This is just my personal observation. It should give every viewer the feeling that this is SHASTA’s Kingdom.

1 Like

I think I would settle for restrooms and concession stands on the second deck!

3 Likes

It would be cheaper to provide all fans with waterproof sombreros.

2 Likes

Syracuse probably did it the right way with the Carrier Dome. Small, practical and efficient.

I vote for an escalator on the Southside.

Hopefully it would be faster and smoother than the elevator

Told my daughter while we were at the game my plan was to donate money for escalators to the upper deck once I become rich. Only demand is I get to ride in the helmet cart at least once.

6 Likes

The solution is pretty simple. Just buy seasons tickets on the west side of the stadium, lower ring

Don’t want to sit in the end zone.