Roy Williams retiring

Lmao.

1 Like

Hehe. Me too!

Edit: He’s put his name out there few times. Even for Rockets :rocket: job previously. He figures He’s learned a ton from sitting next to the Chuckster all these years :joy::grin:

4 Likes

They want to make a big splash first.

This is probably the only college job that worries me with CKS, but, man, if you’re UNC, are you really gonna pay his enormous buyout for the maybe 4-5 years he has left in his career?

Like a previous poster said, I feel like Wes Miller is probably the guy here, unless they get an NBA guy to bounce back, like a Billy Donovan.

He’ll be a name sportswriters will tweet

12 million dollar buyout but that’s probably not a problem

The guy from Gonzaga?

Jerry Stackhouse?

1 Like

Michael Jordan, done deal

Few will never leave Gonzaga.

This one makes sense.

I think Kenny’s current gig(s) are too cush for him to leave. No pressure. Gets to argue with Barkley frequently. Can be wrong a lot without facing the consequences.

Selfishly, I like having Kenny around doing the NCAA and NBA games. I think he’s entertaining and has occasional good takes.

1 Like

Let’s be honest, Barkley is the guy that keeps that show alive. Everyone else is expendable.

2 Likes

Look for Hubert Davis to be strongly considered.
Ex player and current NC asst coach for numerous yrs.

Edit: NC likes to keep it in the family more times than not.

1 Like

This is the first person that came to my mind. He is highly thought of in coaching circles and is considered a great recruiter, which is getting tougher and tougher with the increasing parity in CBB and the end of 1 and done coming soon.

I bet they hire Tyler Hansborough or Hubert Davis.

As they say in my line of work, “they could do worse, and probably will”.

Ha, beat me to it!

1 Like

He hasnt done well at Vandy so far, but its Vandy… So I don’t know that they expect much. I think he’s the guy if they take the “Juwan Howard” route

I am not worried at all, nor should anyone else.

That is exactly what I think they want. Most people are not going to hold performance at Vanderbilt against anyone. I mean they get lucky every once in awhile but basically Vanderbilt is more like Rice and Tulane than like Duke or Stanford; an elite non-Ivy League school with mediocre athletics.

Vanderbilt has been in 15 NCAA basketball tournaments, making it to the Elite Eight once (1965) and the Sweet Sixteen six times (1965, 1974, 1988, 1993, 2004, and 2007). Vanderbilt has played in the NIT 11 times, winning it in 1990 and finishing runners-up in 1994.

Yea, Rice and Tulane. Know something about college basketball before posting.

But many will be gone before they know it.