Russia threatens Finland Sweden

9 Oh 2 10,

Nevermind

2 Likes

Right back at you friend. No hard feelings. You are welcome.

1 Like

Here we go

https://twitter.com/DaveKeating/status/1514198882250596356?s=20&t=vjkOUlwi1DIWxOhiXfpbTQ

1 Like

And all eyes will be on France and their up coming runoff election, between Macron and LePen. If nationalist Le Pen wins she will not stand in the way of France leaving the EU or NATO.

1 Like

Finland now moves to join NATO.

Putin’s strategy of containing NATO expansion has now officially failed, and even backfired.

Let’s bring Sweden in too.

1 Like

Turkey is not thrilled about granting NATO membership to Sweden and Finland and can kill it. I read this, didn’t make it up. But given Turkey’s almost friendly relationship with Russia, I get it.

You read correctly. Turkey is not favorable.

But vetoing would go too far.

Erdogan is an even bigger jackhole than we thought if that happens.

1 Like

Well Erdogan had come against it. No surprise, the guitar is they are harboring Kurdish “terrorists” but that’s also because I’m not entirely sure Erdogan isn’t playing a Pakistan role for ISIS.

Well I guess Russian aggression is now Finnish.

1 Like

If we can get a bunch of ukaraine and Swedish women refugees, we will be in good shape. Lol

2 Likes

Probably Orban in Hungary will object, too. He just got “reelected” in April, so he can pretty much decide on his own. Hungary is tied to Russia. However, if Erdogan will take the heat for him, he’ll probably just stay quiet.

2 Likes

From what Ive read , it’s a consensus decision of members on allowing new members in. Are y’all
saying it has to be 100% of all 30 members ?

Consensus decision-making means that there is no voting at NATO. Consultations take place until a decision that is acceptable to all is reached. Sometimes member countries agree to disagree on an issue. In general, this negotiation process is rapid since members consult each other on a regular basis and therefore often know and understand each other’s positions in advance.

Should be an interesting weekend based upon this;
https://www.reuters.com/world/erdogan-says-turkey-not-positive-finland-sweden-joining-nato-2022-05-13/

Erdogan is projecting a little bit, don’t you think? Looks like a No. All 30 members have to agree.

from France24 news site: “Turkey has long accused Nordic countries, in particular Sweden, which has a strong Turkish immigrant community, of harbouring extremist Kurdish groups as well as supporters of Fethullah Gulen, the US-based preacher wanted over the failed 2016 coup.”

Sweden was just HOURS behind Finland.

Bring 'em BOTH on board!

2 Likes

Finland would destroy Russia

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SamRamani2/status/1526628088607645702?s=20&t=n4u4CVxFR8fyTmGHBbyx2A

I would really like to see how Sweden and Finland have kept up with their military spending as compared to others. I don’t mind them joining but I also don’t want our country to be constantly spending money to defend countries who have chosen to ignore their own security, we have enough of those already in Nato, maybe include some terms for military spending if they are accepted, maybe a conditional acceptance. The USA did not defeat the soviet union, We bankrupted them. That’s what caused the end of the soviet union and if we keep trying to save everyone that will happen to us also.

Finland is definitely over 2% of GDP on defense, and meets the NATO guidance on that. Several current NATO members, including Germany, do not.

That’s why I’m thrilled about bring them in.

2 Likes

Maybe we can try out the new Hypersonic missiles

This is pretty simple. Russia’s guarantee of Ukraine’s sovereignty was a lie. Finland and Sweden likewise relied on Russia’s pledge. Seeing that NATO didn’t fight in Ukraine because they are not a member, Sweden and Finland would be derelict if they didn’t seek membership.

1 Like