S Florida game sold out

Tcu had stability. In their coaches and their recruiting. Everytime we have a big season, we can’t ($$$) hang on to our coaches and consequently our recruits.

Still, f- the big 12.

3 Likes

Halloween Saturday, lots of parties. The announcers at the Stanford game just said there aren’t many people there and they are ranked #20 playing #14 Wasu for control of the PAC12 north.

3 Likes

We played South Florida. Unless it’s part of the name of the state, it holds no cache. Like East Carolina, Southern Mississippi. One step removed from Southeast Florida. That’s just the reality seen through the eyes of potential t-shirt fans and even UH fans who are more aware of Baylor, TCU, etc al. Outside of maybe CMA on the radio this week, didn’t hear one peep about the game.

4 Likes

Houston “fans” will not show up for Iowa st, either Kansas school or Baylor. So now what?

1 Like

They just mentioned all the empty seats in Stillwater tonight for the game against Texas.

1 Like

There’s a YouTube video on the UH Athletics site of a campus reporter popping in on watch parties in Houston!!! Why would you go to a watch party in Houston for a home game?!

2 Likes

I pay more than double for the seats I had at Robertson so they have the extra cash they need without the extra fans…

3 Likes

Crowd size was my only disappointment for the day. It was weird in my section - clearly some casual/walkup fans who had never been to a UH game before, but many of the section ‘regulars’ were missing.

1 Like

That’s BS. We got plenty of love during our Peach Bowl year. What did us in was the Applewhite hire and his dud of a first season. That’s all it takes to flush down years of building success. Last year, Applewhite ended the nation’s longest home winning streak. Ended the nation’s longest winning streak vs. ranked opponents. Ended our winning streak vs P5 opponents. You don’t think savvy UH football fans understand that?

We got luv for one year, whoo hoo, big hairy deal, I’ve been watching cougar football for 40 years, don’t talk to me about attendance history, it’s always been a problem and still is a problem. All the other schools and their fans laugh at us because of our empty stadium with 3 million people in our city. Until our 240,000 alumni in the city get behind us, forget about all this P5 talk, why don’t u come up with an answer on how to fill the stadium every week year after year instead of puffing ur chest about one damn year

3 Likes

Why do we keep debating this age old problem? And when will folks understand the apathy when it comes to Houston and UH fans? If we were 6-1 in any of the P5 conferences do you really think there would be any open seats at any of our games? Bottom line is that the average Houstonian could give a hoot about our program…heck, most of our alums have shown over the years to care less especially since we left the SWC. Just enjoy the ride and greet the band wagon crowd when they make it aboard…

4 Likes

I know how Houston casual fans think, if UH was also undefeated, it would of been sold out and packed.

Maybe we are like Miami. Great TV ratings but attendance struggles.

3 Likes

I know alot of alumni would come if UH was in P5 conference.

1 Like

We had 8 former season ticket holders at our watch party yesterday at McEntires in the Heights. Great game, great views, and chicks in Halloween costumes. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it may not be widespread, but there are plenty of people that quit buying tickets at least partially because of coaches. We’ll be back for hoops season.

5 Likes

That basketball team is sounding like a beast going by reports. #beatOregon

They didn’t come when we were in SWC in the 80’s only Texas and A&M and Arkansas fans lol

15k at KU to see their win over TCU.

My friend in Montgomery said we had a big game against UCF this weekend. I told him it was against USF and Charlie Strong.

Yesterday was definitely an odd one for attendance.

My group used all our seats. I had people texting me asking if they could come to the game or if I had extra tickets.

There were new faces in seats around us.

The row in front of me had people in it for the first tine in years.

Yet attendance was less than thrilling and the students didn’t fill up their section.

Definitely odd.

1 Like

I was very disappointed in the student section.

1 Like