Sand Aggies Talking Trash

Eh this wasnt my best material but I stand by that the cougar is not a top 3 cool cat.

1 Like

UT-Lubbock

My dad would be proud

1 Like

Sand Aggies

Maybe this will help explain.

4 Likes

Oh my. Thanks :woozy_face:. I’m little behind I guess.

With Bevo leaving Tech becomes an orphan. They better hope Shasta adopts them.

I am offended…

That we couldn’t come up with something similar first! Good day sir!

Yeah, it’s funny in a way, but not in the way the author intended. :nail_care:

Stupid funny, that’s what I meant :joy:

The BETTER question is who did they pay to READ it to them…

2 Likes

Compare academic rankings. UH is 41 spots ahead of Tech in US News. #176 vs. #217 at Tech. New rankings come out September 13. Let’s see who moves up more. Tech has been dropping.

OSU is #187.

Are you really taking pride in our US News ranking?!?

1 Like

“Tech Middle” has a great ring to it!

I’d say it’s outstanding work, especially considering Lubbock just now got internets.

Pride in our improvement from the 200s a few years ago.

1 Like

It’s a completely meaningless ranking. But you do you.

Did you go to Tech undergrad or something? A lot of negative posts from you the last couple weeks… As for the rankings, they rely too heavily on 4/6 year graduation rate which is one of our weaker areas. Always will be since we have a lot of non traditional students and have a lot who start their career before graduating since they are in a great city with many job opportunities. We would be even farther ahead of Tech with a better ranking system. I hope that is what you were implying. Very impressive how much we have climbed in that ranking though and people do care about it. If you did go to Tech for undergrad, sorry you had to. At least you made a good decision for law school.

2 Likes

I went to UH for both undergrad and law school. I get tired of people being dumb, arrogant and ignorantly negative about other schools they know nothing about.

Tech’s a great school. As are UTSA, Texas State, UT, A&M and UNT. We don’t have to put down other schools to make ourselves look better. That’s an 8th grader’s strategy.

It makes many who represent our great university look petty, and it’s just not accurate for the most part. If I had one criticism of my fellow alumni on this board it would be that many lack any sense of self-awareness when it comes to the strengths and weaknesses of our beloved school.

USNWR rankings mean absolutely nothing in the real world. We can go higher, lower, stay the same. I could care less. But folks just look for any thing they can to prop us up as better than others. And it’s annoying. I probably am, too.

2 Likes

It’s game week so anything goes and some people are riled up by the few Tech clowns that came here talking trash. But we have gone from being on the same level as Tech in academics to clearly ahead of them. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t be happy and want to brag about that. Those ranking do matter though. Helps build more connections with businesses, recruit better students, push for more state funding, etc. You can say they aren’t great in how they are put together, but they sure do matter to our university. Especially with the PUF possibly being opened up to other schools.

Edit: And my apologies for assuming you went to Tech, seems like you do have a connection there. The fact that you didn’t call out the article this thread was started with that but then called out an alum for posting factual rankings with no insult or diss toward Tech looks really anti-UH.

5 Likes

I actually agree w alot of your post. State of Texas has many great Universities . That being said unless it was someone else n I apologize if I’m confused but didn’t u state that you have attended many Tech gms in the past due to having family members, friends that went to Tech. It doesn’t matter but I thk it’s more you defending Tech then anything. As long as you cheer for your Alma Mater Saturday your good in my eyes. :upside_down_face::grinning:

1 Like