Sankey Looking at Changing March Madness

The one in charge of college football is ready to wield his power in college basketball.

There aren’t enough good at large teams now to fill the 68 teams. Expanding would be terrible idea.

9 Likes

It ain’t about getting good teams, expansion has always been about getting more P5 teams in the tournament which means more money for the bigger conferences !!!

9 Likes

Here’s an idea: spend the time and resources on making a true football playoff that is remotely comparable to the basketball championship before you start messing up the best collegiate playoff around …

20 Likes

I got kind of pissed off reading that. lol

1 Like

Screw him. He just wants more spots for sec teams. The ncca bb tourney is fine as is.

Have a 16 team cfp with auto qualifiers from the p5 then we can talk.

I noticed this sec guy has been talking more crap since they expanded with ou and ut. It’s all about the sec beating each other up with loses so they now want spaces to keep their teams happy.

5 Likes

It should be about getting less Big 10 teams in that like white on rice have shown they don’t deserve to be there or get the wink and a nod come on in we heard your name invite.

I’d rather see 2 teams from a 1 bid league like the OVC than the putrid crap the Big 10 has been putting on the floor. I mean but for our less than bad play in the first half against Illinois (and they were conference champs, yuck!) we beat them by 30+. But of course it was the technical foul that decided the game.

I mean they had like 8 in last year and freaking 1, yes 1 gets out of the first weekend?

2 Likes

You make a good point, at least for me. Seems like a formula for deciding the max bids a conference gets would include a look at how they did in the previous year’s tournament.

And the year before that, and the year before that…

Maybe if the Big 10 didn’t have 8-9 teams (7 of which lose on the first weekend), the football conference could get 2 more teams in…

Sankey is a greedy bast***. Sorry!

Same the year before……it never ends.

When the SEC plays, my eyeballs will be elsewhere. They sound more teasipish every day.

2 Likes

That seems to be the subtext, at least in part. Why mess up the most successful and lucrative event in college sports? smh

1 Like

And the beat goes on

NCAA basketball tourney doesn’t need more teams.

4 Likes

Yeah screw the sec, he talked about a$m being left out. Basically what is happening is a$m and ut are wanting more slots so they do look bad being left off. The big 12 will have 6 or 7 and the sec the same so if they can’t cut that, screw them.

1 Like

I agree but 5 years ago we all would have been for it🤪

Not really.

1 Like

The reason these greed-driven hellions float this stuff is because it’s not unpleasant not to do so. If people raised Hell about our national institutions they’d shut up and crawl back in their bunkers. But people just wring their hands and assume Sankey sits on Mt Olympus. Nobody appointed that rat the emperor of college basketball. And the SEC got exactly the spots they deserved.

1 Like