Season Ticket Email

Season tickets shouldn’t be “all inclusive”. Everyone who wants them shouldn’t have a chance at them. That means there is more supply then demand. That is bad. FC capacity is fine, has held national events (GameDay a few years ago), hosted a handful of significant programs (LSU, Oregon, BYU, Bama).

It sounds like we’re going to be doing a game here or there at Toyota Center. As long as its a marquee OOC matchup, MTE situation I’m fine with it. JLCoog was bang on with his reply. Sold out 7100 is better than 80% 10k in a year where we aren’t as good. I hope that this is the start of a Nebraska type sellout streak, but the reality is if CKS retires and Kellen or whoever takes his spot isn’t as good then the attendance will slide. Probably the most fairweather city/university in the conference.

4 Likes

Whatever an expansion would cost, and it would be A LOT, the economics of doing something like that just don’t work. It’s a luxury that we could look at sometime in the future, but we’re still poor and trying to pay off those credit cards.

3 Likes

That is not thinkikng forward for the basketball program for continue growth. That is not a good look by an athletic amdministration to not expand for fear of the possibility of down years. That shows lack of confidence in a program. if the fans wanting to buy tickets and cant because not enough capacity then missing out on revenue because can only raise prices so much at the current compacity before start hurting self financially by the missed revenue. If have 1000s more wanting to buy season tickets. We need to stop being afraid if that is what would prevent around a 10,000 seat arena.

1 Like

much easier to say when its other people’s money. FC is less than 10 years old. we are not getting a new stadium in the next few years. at the end of the day College sports are a business investment of the university.

3 Likes

Before we think about expanding, we need to see how attendance is for some years after CKS is gone before anything happens.

4 Likes

Absolutely , with our fickle fan base lol, we start losing bad again the attendance will dwindle again , we aren’t like Nebraska football where they sell out year after year regardless of how team is doing

2 Likes

CKS successfully lobbied UH administration when he was hired to upgrade the facilities.

Let the next CKS, whether its Kellen or someone else, worry about expanding FC.

2 Likes

All I know is The Dream said the FC design was too small and even Pez in the recent interview we all remarked on said in hindsight that the arena should been 9-10,00 seats. So my question was is that with a season ticket wait list our missing out on longterm revenue from ticket holderd that based on the trends of the 7,000 compacity could reasonably be projected many as long term season ticket holdes. Can only raise the amount for tickets on the current season ticket holders before hit a price ceiling. So in all how big does the wait list have to be and continual season ticket sellout or close to for UH to have expand FC or build bigger arena?

It’s not about the waitlist or whatever - it’s about available funds. It can be expensive to be poor.

1 Like

The missing link here is we have no idea what capital improvement/expansion projects are waiting in line for funding. Each has its own merits. Some of these are not expansions, but necessary first time expenditures.

If I am on the BOR and I am faced with an expenditure related to safety or quality of life on campus, where do you think expanding FC belongs on the priority?

honestly, make it a contract where if you buy season tickets you buy them for 15 years. I would be on board for expansion if that was the case.

If I am Pezman, I would challenge the fans to sell out season tickets until 2030 before there is any thought of expanding Fertitta Center.

This way we can have the funds built up and have a core fanbase for hoops.

That’s great if you are 30. I’m 65 and I feel like I’m on a day to day contract, even though I’m in good health. Between my wife and I and my son and his wife we have four tickets, I don’t see them ever being turned back over to U of H. My seats will go to my son. I think that we are blessed to have a program that probably pays for itself before the first tip off.
Don’t mess with success.

6 Likes

Funny how we have gone from fans complaining about attendance (albeit misguided) to complaining the arena is too small in just one year.

11 Likes

Coog fans complain about anything these days 24/7.

The same people who complained that Robertson/Hofheinz was old and outdated are complaining about TDECU/Fertitta the past few years.

2 Likes

My whole post was based on if the current trend continues with sell outs and a continued waiting list is at what point are you missing out on longterm revenue and season ticket sales? When time to add more seats too sell rather through expansion or building new?

I get the curiosity but what I don’t get is the obsession as if 2-3K more is going to going to be the end all be all.
We currently have a great atmosphere, great arena with a demand to profit so much more on game days and ticket sales than we ever have.

2 Likes

Just adding1K more would even add more excitement and advantage to the advantage that we already experience.

1 Like

It is very good now and would be very good then.
Just add RR and concessions and there is room to add some seats around the arena at a low costs.

2 Likes

Maybe we should just expand to 8000 if possible. Seems all we need. :thinking:

2 Likes