Shead

Love how unselfish he is, however moving forward I’d really like to see him drive more and get into the paint (which he can pretty much do at ease).

Not just to create for others, but I’d like to see him be more aggressive looking for his own shot. He’s DEADLY when he gets into the paint!! Whether it be his floater, or a pull up jumper, or taking it all the way to the hole, in my humble opinion if he’d do this more he’d take this team to another level offensively.

Example. Like he did against AZ in the tournament last year. Not saying he’s not a good perimeter shooter, but that’s not playing to his strength. I’d like to see him look for his own shot more. When he gets into the paint great things happen. Either kicking it out in the corner for an open three when the D converges on him or dishing it to one of the bigs rolling to the basket or as I said pulling up for a point blank jumper in the paint or one of his patented floaters.

Hard to tell your PG to be a little more unselfish but with this team I really think he needs to be.

5 Likes

I think Jamal has a pretty good feel on when he needs to be less unselfish. I think the Arizona game was a good example, as well as the Bama game this season

2 Likes

Traits of a special point guard.

His shot needs a little work, but he knows when to step on the gas and when to get others involved.

2 Likes

For some reason, his floater hasn’t been nearly as good this year as it was last year. But his mid range seems to be better. If that floater starts falling more, all kinds of things are going to open up. Especially lobs to Francis. In the meantime, I really wish he’d stop making low passes to Francis. All passes to Francis should be above the rim!

3 Likes

I think jamal plays his best ball when he’s FORCED to score the ball. I think a part of it is he needs to understand everybody in the starting lineup is a good passer. He doesn’t have to only create we have a lot of guys that can do that. If he can play more like a CP3 instead of rondo that would help us a lot. His first step and handles are way too good for him not to be shooting more in the paint

1 Like

He’s also very strong on the bounce and in the paint. Kind of reminds me of Kyle Lowry.

I loved Galen Robinson at the point but I think Jamal Shead has so much upside and is a better shooter than Robinson.

2 Likes

Ya’ll remember galen’s senior year when he started making wide open 3’s. Everything was perfect and the gods starting smiling on coog bball again. Life was simple back then.

3 Likes

My concern for Shead next level is the height…

Shead could be the most important player on the UH roster. I have a feeling some of the players will go cold at the worst possible moment this year. Shead just might be the key player in that situation. He saved our bacon in a couple times last year.

1 Like