Shearn Smith RIP

(paywall)
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/article/judge-shearn-smith-dies-at-95-17734467.php?utm_source=marketing&utm_medium=copy-url-link&utm_campaign=article-share&hash=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuaG91c3RvbmNocm9uaWNsZS5jb20vbmV3cy9ob3VzdG9uLXRleGFzL2FydGljbGUvanVkZ2Utc2hlYXJuLXNtaXRoLWRpZXMtYXQtOTUtMTc3MzQ0NjcucGhw&time=MTY3NDQzNzA5MTU3MA==&rid=MDdmMTA1YWYtMjhkMi00NjYyLWFjMjEtZTU3MDRjMDY3NTI2&sharecount=Mw==

Shearn Smith, a former judge in Harris County who was known among lawyers as “Stern Shearn” and recognized for his melodic performance of the national anthem at University of Houston games, died Tuesday. He was 95… Smith grew up in Houston Heights. He served in the Navy, spending his time at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes as a radar instructor, before leaving in 1945 to follow his older brother to law school at the University of Houston. He graduated in 1951.

1 Like

Was just thinking about him the other day. Everytime I sing the alma mater loud at games I sing it in Shearn Smith voice. Great memories of his singing.

Also who I thought of when reading walk-on Sherman Smith thread.

1 Like