Shout out to Jeremy Branham and Kevin Eschenfelder

We are so fortunate in Houston to have some of the best play-by-play announcers. I’ve had the opportunity to listen to some basketball games on the radio and Jeremy Branham is top-notch! I also enjoy listening to Kevin Eschenfelder do play-by-play for UH football, and also his work with the Astros.

I won’t criticize or name some of the other P-B-P announcers from other Universities, but Houston doesn’t take a back seat to anyone when it comes to great announcers.

13 Likes

Welcome to Coogfans Mr. Eschenfelder! Good to hear from you. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

Both of those guys are the real deal and I enjoy the post game shows after I leave either event or catch it on the radio.

3 Likes

I strongly agree w Branham assertion. He’s top notch. On Esch I’ve heard much better on Coogs Football radio call over the years. I was partial to Tom Franklin for his good run.

3 Likes

We are so very lucky. These 2 guys are national media level sportscasters. I can’t believe Houston has kept them around. Additionally, we have fellow named Gerald Sanchez who shares UH baseball with Jeremy who is also top notch.

5 Likes

I agree regarding Branham but not so much on Esch.

1 Like

Still miss Tom Franklin but the new guys are good.

6 Likes

Jeremy and Kevin are great. We’re fortunate to have both of them.

I’m old school and the voice of the Coogs that I remember as a young fan and grad was Art Casper.

2 Likes

Last paragraph a 10. I was going to mention Art Casper one of my all time favorites. Harry Kalas did Coogs for couple yrs also. Very few gms were on TV , so you listened on Radio like I started to in late 60s as a preteen. #Memories

I remember listening to Art Casper and Carl Mann during the Hayes/Chaney era as a kid. I still think they were the best broadcast team for basketball we ever had. I also remember listening to Gene Elston call Cougar football in those days. I will say he was a great baseball broadcaster.

2 Likes

Best announcers since Yeoman??? :laughing:

He is in the Hall of Fame for coaching… Not announcing.