Signing Day X2

Does anyone have the complete list of all 18 or so including walking. If not I get the Chronicle and can wait for tomorrow in the paper. I’m helping keep the Chronicle in business bc if the paper goes away then if a tree falls in a forest no one knows. I get the negativity against UH will help if they did but info will really not get to the people if papers fail so I carry on. Plus it gives you the main topics where your forced to read. Once papers fail, there is less info getting to the public.

I realize if the chronicle fails, it would help UH so

https://247sports.com/college/houston/Season/2021-Football/Commits/

I can only hope that CDH is a better judge of talent and system fit than the recruiting services are, because looking at the scout rankings, it’s hard to get too excited about a class ranked #81 overall and 7th in a G5 conference.

I realize that getting a DI-FBS all conference transfer is great, but he’ll only help us for one season, right?

Let’s hope that these players are all better than their rankings, and end up being like Elandon Roberts!

2 Likes

if you take the rankings as perfect and an absolute then you have a reason for concern.

If you take the player and team rankings as generally flawed and unpredictable especially beyond 10th or so then you can relax.

Is it likely the 1st ranked class would beat the 100th ranked class? Yes
Is it likely the 45th class will beat the 60th ranked class? Who knows?
Is the yardstick for ranking players and teams really fair and an accurate measure of a teams future success? It might be an indicator but not a guarantee.

Keep in mind we are measuring human performance, not machines. Human performance will change from day to day and can completely change for better or worse due to emotional, personal, physical, etc type changes.

1 Like

The O-lineman only has a year left. The transfers from Tech, Mizzou, and Iowa St all have multiple years left.

our o-line is very young, he gives us a year of sr. leadership to help the young line mature

3 Likes

Just watched Kody Russey on tape. Man, that guy is mean. Great pick up!
GOCOOGS!

2 Likes

I was really impressed with Russey’s film, he looks to give us an instant starter at center and will probably move Freeman to one of the guards and backup as center. Yes, he’s a one year guy, but it will give the younger guys time to mature physically and hone their skills. I am very happy with this pickup.

1 Like

Getting a veteran all conference caliber player to spearhead our 2021 OL at center is a big step in improvement. Very happy, also.
And i hope for some additional adds to OL later this Spring…

4 Likes

The last sentence in that UH summary on your link pretty much sums it up.

I hope that some more good transfer talent is coming!

1 Like

I find it amazing that many use this recruiting class number as an accurate yardstick. Our number is based on 14 players. There are only about 5 teams ahead of us that have 14 or less players declared in their recruiting class.
If you take away all but 14 players from any team in the AAC then their recruiting ranking is close to ours and even below it as in the USF class.

Yes, but we were only able to sign 14 players this class some might say. Do you really believe CDH is going to play with a depleted roster that he could probably fill with another 10 players in less than a day?

We are not comparing apples to apples here folks. We are comparing a near full recruiting class to one that is still under construction. Perhaps a little patience is appropriate. I mean, how many months is it till spring ball?

2 Likes

For all of you thinking about recruiting ranking just look toward the Texas capital. Where did these raking take them?
Two consecutive coaches fired.
What do star ratings tell you?
Very little.
The fact is YOU CAN’T LIE ON THE FIELD.

1 Like

The AAC signing day round up is stupid if they ignore all of our transfer kids, which they do…We dont have 14, we have 19…and those 5 transfer kids are top notch… WR Carter, OL Russey, DE Williams and DL Bankston are proven excellent starters already, and DB Hogan is a decent prospect. and we are going to get 4 or 5 more of the same caliber as winter progresses to spring. .Services that choose to ignore all this are hardly credible in being accurate.

4 Likes

The run down was also filled with random inaccuracies. Clearly written by someone who doesn’t pay attention to AAC football. Go read Joe Brobacks assessment.

1 Like

We are still -1 in the transfer portal (transfer link). We had 7 transfer out and 6 transfer in. We signed 13 in this class - 3 of which are JUCOs - all good players. McCaskill and Kopp are definitely the prize players. We just didn’t sign enough of them.

…and FYI to some others on here, recruiting for the class of 2021 is over. This was it. We all agree the rankings aren’t 100% accurate, but they are a yard stick. It is no coincidence that the best teams in the AAC have been leading the rankings the last 2-3 years. Paint this however you want, but a blind man can see it isn’t good. It isn’t the end of the world either, but people trying to sugarcoat the situation is a joke.

1 Like

here is the link

It appears Joe Broback is blind? Seems like he thinks we did ok.

See Tulsa as an example. And I wouldn’t say Memphis is killing it even though they recruit well. All is subjective and all will play out come September. Until then, we are all guessing, hoping and attempting to prove our points by using flawed data and supposition.

UT doesnt have a talent issue. They have a program issue.

For example, Kyle Porter and Duke Catalon were buried on UT’s depth chart but were Day 1 starters here.

The right coach with the right culture would excel in Austin.

1 Like