Since we will now be in a "Power" Conference

The last two CWS winners from smaller conferences both still have their HC.

2 Likes

It’s not football.

If Rice gets the right guy one day they can pay the man to stay, guarantee you that.

There is a lot of stuff that goes on behind the scenes as to where the stud high school players go….I’ll leave it at that.

1 Like

We missed a golden opportunity to up our local recruiting when Graham retired.
I agree if Rice hires the right coach they will return to being a powerhouse

1 Like

Do you think Cruz will get them going again?

1 Like

I like the Cruz family and really hope he succeeds….

He can probably relate to the kids and it might translate to great players during the recruiting process…for me it’s kind of a wait and see.

1 Like

Rice got in the way of Rice

The things they did when they were winning they stopped doing

You mean like watching as Graham retired?
If they can find another even close to Wayne they will once again be a powerhouse

1 Like

They made sure they could attract talent - over there when you have success they get in their own way - the talent level dropped and it wasn’t graham’s age or coaching like some want to believe

Please enlighten us.

Make sure you tell us how you have this knowledge as well….how are you associated in the college baseball circles?

I can make a call or two and get a coach on the phone but rice is simple

What they did to be successful they stopped doing behind closed doors

I don’t think so. Rice has tons of money snd prestige. A guy could go there and be a god. And in baseball you don’t need a conference to carve out your success. I think the key is to find a coach in his fifties that can turn it around. Let him live the good life and spend the last 12-15 years of his career building his legacy.

1 Like