1 Like

https://twitter.com/247sports/status/1462872325787951104?s=21
It’s pretty much offical, idek why he is still coaching

2 Likes

And water is wet

1 Like

The popped collars are drooping in smooville

4 Likes

Losing your coach to an arch rival just down the road…ouch!

9 Likes

The big thing will be the recruits, I wonder how many people leave

1 Like

If you can’t beat them take their coach

7 Likes

Newy, his first breaking news is this? His first one in 20 years!

I take it nothing is definite yet. If SMU is smart, they will offer Dykes a pile of money to stay. I think TCU should be looking for a bigger splash. They didn’t part ways with Patterson to make a parallel move. IMHO “The guy down the road” doesn’t sound too exciting to me.

1 Like

Dykes is wildly overrated. He’s not that great of a coach at all. But most of college football is just trying to make a team that’s more talented that everyone else in your conference. Most of these coaches aren’t worth a damn when the talent is even. That’s why smu started losing as soon as they played someone on their talent level. Besides tcu, smu the last 3 years has just beat everyone they are more talented then. And lost to everyone more talented then them, and some team that are less talented like Memphis and ECU. If I’m smu I’m just worried about the recruits and not dykes. Tcu fans don’t even want sonny

4 Likes

I think he’s a brilliant offensive mind but we all know what the air attack does to your defense. I think the media is pushing this because they love to wreck g5 programs.

1 Like

Saw on their board some want Herman, others don’t.

1 Like

I thought I broke this news 2 weeks ago with my North Dallas sources

9 Likes

V
Where do you think Samples ends up?

I for one am sooo happy the rumors started in time to tank their season.

4 Likes

I don’t think that is why they tanked . On their board they talk a lot about how he has had terrible Novembers at SMU. Like Sumlin
At A$M they had the soft part of the schedule early and the tougher Conference games in November.

2 Likes

Missing out on that B12 bid sucks just a little more.

Stinks for SMU. We should know… we’ve been there too many times.

3 Likes

Suspect he may get some offers. UT is a possibility. Favorite is following Sonny

I don’t disagree with this, but he seems to be an excellent recruiter.

Regardless, I’m in favor of TCU going with Sonny. CDH has already proven that he can beat Sonny with what may be equal or lesser talent, so I would look for more of the same in the B12. TCU is one less team to be worried about.

That being said, I think TCU can do better than Sonny. Sonny was a P5 coach in Cal and didn’t do so hot. Maybe it’s different in Texas but there may be a top end to Sonny.