Just asking.

1 Like

Were going to the New Mexico Bowl if Cincy beats Tulsa

1 Like

GOOOOOOOO CINCY!!!

1 Like

Let’s just wrap the season up. :unamused:

3 Likes

I would go to that. But mainly because my cousins live in the city where the game is being played and I haven’t seen them in 12 years.

All I care is that we play two weeks in a row. Is that too much to ask?
Bowling?

Bowling Puns

A good portion of bowling is spent waiting for your turn, and mingling and joking around with your buddies. Good jokes often involve punny wordplay, and team names can commonly be born out of these jokes. Generally, those who are serious about their bowling league will get customized T-shirts showing off their team name for a sense of camaraderie. Whether it’s to make your friends laugh or to create a great team name, consider the following bowling puns for inspiration.

• Bowling is fun in your spare time
  • Bowling is right up my alley
  • Do bowlers ever have time to spare?
  • That’s how we roll
  • Bowling is a sport for people who have the talent to spare
  • Bowlers keep their minds out of the gutter
  • Leave no pin standing
  • If you don’t get a strike, spare me
  • Rock and bowl
  • My favorite sport must be bowling because I always strike out with the ladies/men
  • No smoking: just a Lucky Strike
  • Playing catch & throwing strikes
  • Bowling your eyes out
  • Bowling thunder and lightning strikes

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/di-council-approves-football-bowl-eligibility-requirements-waiver

How are bowls going to make money if no one is attending?

Hawaii?

https://twitter.com/brett_mcmurphy/status/1338257248456413184?s=21

UH vs UH
New Mexico Bowl
Dec 24 at 2:30pM CT
ESPN

1 Like

I want a Jackie Battle/Vincent Marshall effort here !!!:smiley:

2 Likes

Isn’t the New Mexico Bowl in New Mexico and not Frisco, Texas? I know Covid has screwed a lot up but I can’t believe this ine?

I linked to an article earlier in another post. No more than 5 can gather in NM and sporting events are no exception. Univ of New Mexico moved their program to Nevada for the season.

1 Like

It cost them $700k but they get $4M payout if they play so they thought it worth it. It’s all about the student athlete… :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds nuts!

TV dollars

1 Like

I read this morning that New Mexico’s basketball team moved to Texas to play hoops. They worked out a deal with Rice to play a game and then use their facilities for a couple of games. Weird season…

So we can’t go?