So you’re saying there is ACTUALLY a chance?

https://twitter.com/rossdellenger/status/1403040615823286278?s=21

5 Likes

This changes the game. I never cared as much about college football compared to basketball because it was literally the only major sport, pros or collegiate, where you did not control your own destiny, well that might change!!

12 Likes

Why start another thread when one is already active on this subject. Just asking.

3 Likes

Also this could really help with G5 schools are far as recruiting.

2 Likes

Get.It.Done.

4 Likes

I think Dana will pull through, the good thing is, if Dana does a good job he’s not going to leave for a P5 school. If we are looking on the bright side. I don’t think Dana going anywhere unless we fire him

1 Like

Will the CFP publish the formula used for picking the six at-large bids? I doubt it.

5 Likes

The AAC would have ranked higher than the PAC last year

4 Likes

It’s not a formula. They’re literally picking them, like a poll.

The committee is picking them which means all at-large bids go to P5s.

5 Likes

The formula is wins x 1.27 minus losses x .87 plus 1,000,000 if team is a member of a P5 plus 150,000 if school is named Texas, OU, Notre Dame, Clemson, or a member of the SEC.

2 Likes

I’m glad the committee has less control. I hate how subjective it is. Like college basketball you win you are in. It’s that simple. College football was all hypothetical.

4 Likes

You laugh but mark my words. The g5 will have to fight like Hell to get a sniff of an at-large slot in that scenario.

4 Likes

So do the at large bids go to the next highest ranked even if 2 G5’s are

It should. That would be a lot better.

I assume one of the at-large bids will go to Notre Dame even with 2 or 3 games loss. I assume BYU will try for one of the at-large bids but if they have one loss, I don’t think they will be in.

1 Like

This provides BYU with a tremendous motive to join our Conference.

Win The AAC and they are one of the 12.

Stay Independent…not so much.

7 Likes

With playoff exp we’re in the position of power over byu. They are so UT.

1 Like

Why can’t those teams just join a damn conference instead of making it complicated

So stupid

2 Likes

So, it looks like a school that is not a top 4 seed would have to play 17 games in a season to win the CFP?
12 game season
1 game for Conf Championship
3 games to reach the CFP Championship
1 game to win it all

Is this correct?