Solar

Lol

I just keep telling them I’m leaving it all to them…including my prized window unit.

I’m planning on building a library out there with a poker table in it. If I do I’m going to invite my Liberal friends from Coogfans out to play poker. Every time someone runs out of money they get lectured by the other side. If I can win you guys’ money I’ll read The Federalist Papers in a colonial wig, and if you guys take my money I’ll put on an Antifa costume and go taunt the neighbor’s dog.

1 Like

I think he was fishing for lithium type batteries so he could use the bullet points against it. lol. He already tried the “how does solar work at night, huh Bub” bullet point, but you shot that down.

1 Like

In Texas, every single member of the board of regents for every public university was appointed by a Republican governor. Every single president and chancellor was approved by said boards. If anything, the board of regents are more conservative and that is why no solar panels.

1 Like

Lol, to funny

1 Like

Boy some people just want to argue about everything. I am not against solar, just not cost effective for my house now. But in an off the grid scenario like this, i was interested in his solution, especially since it was self developed. Get lost!

I wasn’t baiting on university ideology at the treasury level. I was just making a point regarding the general frame of mind on campus.

It just seems like from a PR perspective they’d be more involved in that side of the conservation and climate stuff.

Anyway, the cost effectiveness “is” an issue. When we discuss energy usage we’re usually talking about the practical side:
ac compressor/condenser/lights/dryer/TV etc - as in they’re all one unit. And running all that on a residential solar package is a tall order, cost wise.

Conversely, I’ve seen guys do hocus pocus with one panel, a cheap charge control, inverter and wires from walmart. They lay that stuff out on their driveway for a few hours, take some appliance out that science says can’t be run that way, and KAZAAM! That ### is working. Now it might have fried the LG TV off camera or shot their battery onto their neighbor’s roof. But they get it on.

Solar is an old technology but it still has promise IMO.

Lol, true, was used on skylab

1 Like

I told my wife what I want to do with arrays all over the place if I ever have enough money. She looked at me and said, “I’ve always wanted a donkey but if you put all that out there he’ll bite into it and get electrocuted!”

I feigned concern and tried to convince her that couldn’t happen all the while thinking, “could that really happen?”