Sources: Cincinnati, Houston & UCF Negotiating Settlement to Join Big 12

Ahhhhh….”sources”!!

1 Like

Brett McMurphy is a pretty reliable source…

2 Likes

Good to see the price tag is coming down.

Hopefully Uncle Tillman will simply write us a check!

I keep reading Uncle Tilman writing blank checks for us. There was another thread mentioning it. It is about time that other U of H Billionaires step up. Uncle Tilman should never be our sole cash dispensing source,

15 Likes

Which UH billionaire do you have in mind?

5 Likes

UH has other billionaires? Who?

2 Likes

This is Message Board Geniuses stuff.

4 Likes

Is John Moores a billionaire?

1 Like

That is a good question. How many U of H graduates are out there? do you really think Tilman is the only one? I will extend it to a U of H grad/fan that has hundred of $M’s than just billionaire, fair enough.

I don’t know.

But if no one can name another UH billionaire, then I am not going to simply ASSUME that any others are out there.

As for the poster that asked about Moores, his current net worth is estimated at about $850 million.

I think that he lost a lot in his divorce.

2 Likes

I identify as a billionaire and will be sending money, all good

12 Likes

We might be short on billionaires but we do have LOTS of thousandairs……I’m not just talking about a few thousand……big bucks, like 10-20k :beers:

7 Likes

Edit: I just saw one source that put Moores’ net worth at $850 million.

Does he remain connected with UH at all? I haven’t seen him at any UH related function since the late 1990s.

I wonder if the $17-20 is in addition to or includes the original $10m.

On the one hand, he mentions the $35m, which was “in addition to”

On the other hand, he mentions the UConn figure, which included the $10m.

Okay, I thought you knew who they were since you said they needed to stand up.

1 Like

Yes and he no longer is the owner of the Padres.

1 Like

He does have some stock that’s worth over $2 billion from the looks of it, so he might be in the billionaire range.

1 Like

UConn paid an exit fee of $17 million. It would seem that is a precedent that could be argued in a law suit against the AAC. I am no a lawyer, but it would seem that they could argue prejudicial treatment.

1 Like

Im a billionaire. My checkbook is open. Name your price.

1 Like