Sports Illustrated: Mens CBB -Gonzaga (No. 1) to UMES (No. 358)/ AAC Preview

“the results, plus insights and information from Sweeney and editor Molly Geary on the SI preseason top 25 and dozens of other notable teams, all the way down to No. 358”

" 13. Houston ( 2nd in AAC) : Kelvin Sampson has built a program with staying power, so the Cougars will remain relevant despite losing three starters from a Final Four team. Guards Kyler Edwards and Marcus Sasser will score, and any Sampson-led team will defend and rebound well."

" AAC Men’s Basketball Preview: Memphis, Houston Provide Plenty of Intrigue at the Top
The Cougars are consistently strong under Kelvin Sampson, but an Emoni Bates–led Tigers team could be primed to deliver Penny Hardaway’s first conference title."

Soooooo, Memphis is a ONE man team !!

Typical useless article !

I can’t wait for the season to get started so we can go through the learning phase with the team and see how they get better with each game. Excited to see what all the newcomers can do.

It is interesting to me how the pundits seem to center our success around our coach and Memphis’s potential success around their players.

That’s simply because Memphis has better players and UH has a better coach & culture!

Higher rated players and better players are very different.
Last year we had better players overall and a better team.

Larry Brown could be a difference maker for Memphis. Of course they’ll be on probation in two years and all of their accomplishments will be stricken.

2 Likes

Of course. I was trying to hint at the underlying issue of Memphis’ underacheivement under Hardaway.