Spring football 2026

6 Likes

DC Austin Armstrong discusses early practices, new players, and some returning guys he expects to step up

8 Likes

Great interview. I can see why Fritz was so big on him. He knows football.

6 Likes

Has there been any comments about Tavon Scoop Martin Fr. TE during spring yet?

1 Like

Paris Melvin is an absolute menace in the defensive backfield. Y’all are gonna love him.

23 Likes

Is he playing DB exclusively or participating on the offensive side of the ball as well?

2 Likes

Defense and kick/punt return. He’s in a red jersey exclusively (defense) so far.

11 Likes

Have any other freshmen or other young players stood out to you so far?

1 Like

Media availability with coach Fritz

9 Likes

Love :heart: to hear him talk about Culture. Cerebral

2 Likes

Great news about Melvin! Cant wait to see him play next year. Monster in the secondary and he will be a great return man for us, too.

3 Likes

Several things about my friend that are so obvious in every interview he does….

His Experience

His Wisdom

…and he’s so “dialed in”.

When Willie talks, it’s never “coach-speak”.

He’s genuine. He’s the “real deal”.

12 Likes

He reminds me of years past listening to our beloved Coach Bill Yeoman. We were so lucky to get him as our Coach.
Go Coogs !

8 Likes

Yes, it will be nice to have a natural return man that has speed and wiggle….

If he can be MJ light that would be awesome.

2 Likes

I met Blake Thompson at the gym this morning. Super cool dude.

3 Likes

What does a Willie Fritz practice look like? Go behind the scenes for a Spring practice:

12 Likes

I’m ready for some FOOTBALL!!!

8 Likes

Great read….appreciate the insight.

8 Likes

I watched Overmyer at UTSA….some may think this is a “hot take” but I absolutely believe he can be even better than TK….

They’ll both play on Sundays.

5 Likes

I was impressed with him everytime I watched UTSA highlights last szn.

Distinctly remember thinking how he’d jump up to P4 solely based on what I saw from him in those highlights. Glad we got him.

4 Likes