Spring Game

Campus parking has gotten insane. Derek has had his truck towed multiple times because he ran out of time driving around trying to find parking before class or practice. Passes are only good til a certain time and they are almost $500 a semester now. We quit buying them. He had his surgery the week spring semester started and put in a request for a temporary handicap pass because he could barely walk, wasn’t even supposed to, but had to go to class. Told him no. They milk these students for ridiculous amounts for parking violations.

5 Likes

And here i thought they gave athletes everything they needed. I apologize lol thats ridiculous and sucks big time.

1 Like

It really does :neutral_face:

Giena: Has Derek tried to get a handicap tag from the DPS? When I was teaching I had one and had no difficulty parking in the handicap spot neat the law school.
Also I’ve been wanting to ask about Derek’s brother in the airborne. They have a significant presence now in Poland. Is he “in country”? (If you are permitted to comment on that)

1 Like

Thank you for asking about Derek’s brother. His unit is on standby and not deployed at the moment.
Luckily Derek only used crutches for 2 weeks. He managed. Just had to make sure he arrived early enough because was literally moving in slow motion!

1 Like

That was the same thing at LSU back in 1965. And after 3 violations, a round black sticker with the number 13 was put on your windshield and you couldn’t park on campus for the rest of the school year. It seems that parking is a major income stream for colleges.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1509578096986497024?t=UQMcT9csoD-ru7AR377xtA&s=19

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1509579467097878540?t=sLat5T82Bcvxe-r-TT8_SQ&s=19

8 Likes

Does anyone know how season ticket renewals are going? I finally got around to renewing mine and doing my CP payment this morning on line. I’ve always renewed by phone in the past, but this was super easy.

I am not sure if new season tickets are for sale yet; I wonder how we will do this season ticket wise. I know some of you guys have grumbled about our opponents and lack of premier opponents, but it doesn’t matter, we need to start having a full house, regardless of opponent.

1 Like

Good job Mike. I need to see abt doing something w/ FBall but need to renew Basketball first…very soon. Didn’t know u could renew BBall till i heard some of y’all mention it . Im on-board w CDH, so will do something, just not sure to what extent yet. #GoCoogs

I’m thinking about moving my basketball seats, I’m on the end of a row right by the vomitorium and I feel like a turnstile because people are constantly going in and out to pass through. Even folks closer to the other end come through my end to get out. Other than that though, I like my seats.

1 Like

Spring open practice tomorrow April 1 has been moved up to 6:35 if anyone is interested

3 Likes

Oh I agree to. Regardless of opponent we have to get 30k or more each game. It’s non negotiable.

I can tell you the best way to get 35k+ for first HOME game. Beat UTSA & TxTech on the road to start the season. I feel very confident they will come if that happens. Needs to happen for Coog Football to take next level .

10 Likes

Giena, i cant believe how bad the handicapped parking pass situation is! Would a regular handicapped parking placard from Harris County be honored at UH ? I cant believe they would have the gall to tow a car with a handicapped parking placard hanging from front mirror.

1 Like

Expecting an All AAC season from Tank and hoping for some All American considerations.
I like the sound of these:
“Sam Brown is a bigger body receiver,”… “He’s been making a lot of plays this spring."
“Manjack, he’s a special player."
“Houston is already benefiting from the presence of mid-year enrollee Matthew Golden.”

3 Likes

Luckily, the coaches allowed him to use their parking lot for meetings and anything else football related. He was only on crutches for 2 weeks so it could have been a lot worse of a situation.

1 Like

Great story from Dynasty.

Our WR’s may be unbelievable next Fall!

2 Likes

Is there something else besides tonight’s scrimmage?

From the article:
Dell, McCaskill, and Houston’s new receivers will have the opportunity to showcase the work they’ve put in this spring on Friday, April 8 at the annual Red & White Game at TDECU Stadium.

1 Like

Per this site, it’s at 8 pm.