4 Likes

I’ve met him. Good man.

2 Likes

Cougars Win!

4 Likes

Go. Coogs!

Omaha baby!

4 Likes

St. John’s was only picked sixth out of eight in the Big East pre-season poll.

Nonetheless, there was a lot to be happy about in last night’s game.

If we can get another sweep…it’ll do WONDERS for our confidence!

I like the canadialander so far.

1 Like

Good guys up 3 - 0 going to the 5th. But unbelievable bad base running or the 4th inning could have been a huge inning. All three outs on terrible base running.

And I almost posted last night that base running has looked decent. More pre-high school type mistakes or what? Just now tuning in.

If I did not know better, I would think it was the players and not the coaches. Jones tried to extend a singe to a double. We had runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs. Runner scored, other went to 3rd and Jones got thrown out easily at 2nd. Nickens knocks the run in for a third run. Lopez sends a pop up behind 3rd that drops in behind 3rd. Nickens tries to go to 3rd and gets thrown out and then they throw to 1st and nail Lopez for rounding 1st too far.

1 Like

What a stupid steal call by us. We get three straight hits and with our 3-hole up and ahead in the count we get thrown out by five feet at 3rd. So dumb.

1 Like

Would like to see Jean get through seven. He has pitched well tonight.

1 Like

Jean pulled after six. Pitched really well.

1 Like

Coogs win 7-2

3 Likes

Nice outting by Torrealba!

2 Likes

Jean six shutout innings. Drezek was good in his one inning. St. John scored after Raines misplayed a grounder that should have been a double play ball.

Bats looked good as well. Base running not good.

going for the sweep tomorrow.

1 Like

Ist time this season I had some TWTMS (the well known condition: Todd Whitting Traumatic Flashback Syndrome). 2 HBP, a costly error, a number of throws to first base that were saved by excellent work by Murray (it is heartening, though to see him pick up his excellent play right where he left off) but mostly the base running that could make only Rod Serling happy. As noted above we ran ourselves out a monster inning. It was particularly surreal to watch a rundown for the 4th out of the inning.

All of that washed away by 10 hits and generally solid pitching.

2 Likes

That’s higher than Notre Dame was picked in theirs.

It’s his second start of the year….no need to go seven with a nice lead.