Stadium Attendance Projection?

Big12 teams sell out every game… PERIOD.

If we want to be big time… we have to quit whining about 610, chronicle, other teams’ fans, etc, etc.

No one can beat us but ourselves. QUIT MAKING EXCUSES.

We just won a huge game over the #3 ranked team in the country, and we have our highest national ranking in over 2 decades. If this game isn’t sold out on Saturday… I’ll help Tom Herman pack his bags and move. He deserves better.

I’m going to work my rear off to do whatever I can to sell extra tickets between now and Saturday morning… that means bugging coworkers, using my social media, calling friends & family, etc, etc. If all of us do just a little extra work, this thing can SNOWBALL and WE can make it happen. Let’s go 1-0 this week boys! Time to change the culture #GoCoogs

B12 teams don’t sell out every game, but then, none of them have as good a team as we do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

TCU had 43,450 for South Dakota State on September 3rd…
Baylor had 44,849 for Northwestern State on September 2nd…

Even though it’s Lamar, it is another Texas school, which is only a hour & half drive away.

Considering that we have the #6 team in the nation, playing in the 4th largest city in the country… there is no reason for this game not to be sold out.

We should be embarrassed if it’s not sold out… I, for one, will use my social media, and do everything within my power to try to convince a few more people to buy in before Saturday. If everyone does this… it will sell out.

1 Like

WE? No one on this board should be ashamed if it doesn’t sell out. We have done our part and convincing others to do the same. It annoys the hell out of me to see posts here and elsewhere preaching to the choir about buying tickets. We have people here who buy blocks of tickets they don’t even use. If it doesn’t sell out, it won’t be the fault of anyone on Coogfans.

I appreciate the enthusiasm and all that, but I just am not a fan of throwing a guilt trip on the very people who support the school the most.

2 Likes

Neither the TCU nor the Baylor numbers listed above are sell outs, FWIW.

Buying a block of tickets is not what my point was about. It was about butts in the seat. My point is simple, the coach and team have put forth the effort, it is time for the fans to do likewise. It is time for the team to see the fans in attendance. Money is not going to help the coach get 5 star recruits. 5 star recruits do not want to play in front of 40k sold out empty seats. And there are fans on this board that do not go to games. But that is not my beef either.

Please stop. The obsessing over the attendance is getting out of control. UH fans don’t care about playing Lamar University. Nor should they. This is Houston, Texas. If bringing 100K people to a football game is so important, then some people may have chosen the wrong university.

It’s like dating a fat chick, then complaining about her weight the entire time.

Poor analogy on your part. My point is it is not about the opponent. It is all about my school, UH! I do not go to away games to boost the attendance of the home team, I go to support the coaches and kids that represent my school.

Let us not forget, this is nothing more than a bulletin board. But it would nice if we could change the culture of this particular one. It has started out better than the old one, just one old man’s opinion.

Umm, Kansas is still in the Big 12 right? They AVERAGED 27K last year.

They suck yes, but the point being, B12, does not sell out every game. The good teams do (or come damn close) when they are good so we should also sell out or come damn close, Texas was not selling out last year, and they are a “blue blood”. We just need to avoid the “they all do” type statements, because that is flat out BS.

Texas averaged 90K, which is 10K less than capacity, some games were probably close, some were way off. Granted, it is still a lot of people, but again, they DO NOT sell out every game.

FSU (yes, not the big 12, but a very good team last year) who was in the title hunt until November averaged 9K less than a sell out.

We have a small stadium, but we are building a fan base, and we are basically missing an entire generation of fans, creating fans that show up for a game like Lamar consistently takes time. Because of how good we are, I think we can probably get some bandwagoners, but a sellout will be tough against an FCS team. The rest of the season is a different matter.

1 Like