Stuard

You are correct. He is a former track star, but shhh… that interrupts the narrative.

8 Likes

That was a great effort , he tried to knock the ball out too.

He has so much heart and loves his school and his teammates. How could anyone not love a kid like that?

5 Likes

I alway though he was fast, hell he’s damn fast. There is no quitting in him…

2 Likes

Coach thought he may have saved the season, gave him the game ball.

5 Likes

Amazing that some still believe the lie that Stuard is slow. As a senior, his 4x100 relay team placed 3rd in the State 6A meet, running a 40.56. No one, and I mean no one that is slow runs on a 3rd place in the state of Texas HS relay team.Track & Field, Cross Country Results, Statistics

Just for emphasis. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3180419/5721c63e041ddc1b005c52c7

1 Like

If you say something enough it becomes an internet myth. Like “tanking”.

1 Like

You better watch out there, posting anything complimentary about CMA isn’t well received by many on this board .

I’ll say it…

… goes something like a blind squirrel finding an acorn every now and then.

I never said he was slow, I think I did say that a couple of the of OU and WSU WR’s were just faster than he and that’s nothing that he has control over. And they were.

Coach Applewhite can recruit.

there is like 90 tapes of him getting beat by wr this year…catching a slower rb and now he is a burner?

no one has ever denied his hustle and heart

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Of course he isn’t slow. He’s not Deion Sanders, but he has at least average speed for a major college safety. There is another starter in the secondary who is a bit slow but he’s a big, physical guy.

Applewhite and his staff did do really well recruiting underrated guys, which is what anyone should have understood from the beginning was the important thing about the relationship with high school coaches. I’ve been close with two blue chip recruits the past couple of years. It’s not as if coaches tell them where to go like they may have done in some cases in the 60s and 70s. But coaches can tip colleges off to guys who are overlooked.

Besides Stuard (he had offers from Army, Navy, AAC, and MWC schools), some of the best or most promising players on the team include Payton Turner, Zamar Kirven, Gleson Sprewell, and Jack Freeman. None of them had offers besides UH.

5 Likes

You are not judging his speed correctly. On crossing routes the WR has already built up full speed by the time he picks him up in the zone. The one from Cinny game he clearly thought the play was going to the RB and the WR blew by him because of it

Slow is relative. He has a great motor but he is a liability in coverage.
He was fast enough, in high school, to be on the relay team but not fast enough to run as a individual in the 100m.

5 Likes

Or busted clock being right twice a day!

1 Like

His issue has always been that he bites on fakes. Down side of a high motor is learning to keep the engine revved up but not in high gear until the time is right. He’s doing better in that regard but still gets faked some and occasionally takes a bad angle on blitzes causing a gap to open.

2 Likes

Stuard is a great a player. He has need speed. He ran that guy down to save a TD, and possibly the game because he ran as fast as he needed to make the tackle. Amazing effort!

2 Likes

As one of his former high school track coaches, I can tell you that statement is totally inaccurate. He didnt run in the open events because the relays are worth double points in Tezas high school track. He easily could’ve run the open in the 200m, or 400m and done really well. However, it was more advantageous for the team point total to have him run in the 4x200 and 4x400.

7 Likes