Sugar Land Skeeters

Soon to be the “Space Cowboys” according to the rumors.

Really dumb nickname.

Reminds me of the George Peppard character from that B-movie “Battle Beyond the Stars.”

1 Like

Sorry, but obligatory:

2 Likes

I liked the Skeeters branding. Can’t help but think Space Cowboys was a compromise between opposing groups, one wanting to play up the old western history of Texas and the other who wanted to do something space themed.

Kinda dumb, in my opinion.

2 Likes

I wonder if my Skeeters duds will now be worth something!

So what was wrong with Skeeters ?

2 Likes

Nothing that I can see. I liked it. Good brand. Not sure why they changed it, except possibly to emphasize their new connection to the space themed Astros.

1 Like

Should have changed it to Space Skeeters.

7 Likes

Space Heaters

Fix the grid.

4 Likes

A whole new marketing/merchandising opportunity.

I’ve seen this mentioned a few places but it bears repeating. They’re missing a golden opportunity if they don’t rename their mascot Maurice.

4 Likes

Minor league teams have dumb names on purpose…its part of their charm.

Plus, we are talking about a minor league baseball team in January! They know what they are doing

The NFL…Houston Texans , however , is inexcusable.
They couldn’t even spell it correctly…Houston Texians would have a least linked it to the Republic of Texas

Space Cowboys is awesome. They need tie-dyed jerseys…

2 Likes

This is what I think of when the whole “Space Cowboy” thing comes up.

I’m good with it. It relates to the Astros and there could be some fun marketing with the Space Cowboys movie and maybe they’ll play the Steve Miller song after wins. At the end of the day, it’s Triple A baseball and besides, I’m sure it will catch on eventually. I honestly have never been to a Skeeters game though. I’ll probably buy a shirt. I bet the uniforms will look pretty cool.

2 Likes

Thank you. Everyone knows the Greatest Hits 74 to 78 album and it stands on its own packed with great songs. However, if you dive into his early stuff the guy was just a musical genius with as many different genres of music he combined into songs with great hooks and melody with country, rock, psychedelic, space rock and funk. Really a pioneer in his own right.

I think “Joker” is the one everyone knows and this is probably what they will play at the stadium:

You can now buy that shirt !
Personally, it’s :-1:, but hoping it’ll grow on me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1487548396537880578/photo/2

The uniforms are blah to me and the mascot looks horrendous. I don’t like that aqua color either. They could have made the mascot to be an actual space cowboy that looks like the logo. But whatever, it’s Triple A baseball. I do still plan on getting that shirt.

Minor League teams are meant to have funny or weird names, and bad logos. My two local teams are literally named after a piece of corn and the other is basically a trash panda. And when I’m back in Chicagoland, my 2 local teams are named after my alma mater and a hot dog.

Love me some MiLB and Indy league ball, it’s always good for some local Americana and post game firework shows.