Super Early Depth Chart

When you look at everyone in the AAC, I don’t see how we are not the pre-season favorite.

USF, UCF, and Memphis have lost a lot of key pieces. This is the first year we haven’t lost a lot of NFL level talent.

Our depth chart doesn’t show a lot of weaknesses. If the Briles’ offense can be assimilated quickly, I have to think we are the odds on favorite.

2 Likes

He won’t get a waiver. If he transfers here, he’ll have to sit out a year.

Hemphill-Mapps’ situation isn’t unlike Chance Allen’s. But I don’t know if he’ll be cleared for this season. Probably not but we’ll see. He was tied for UT’s 2nd leading receiver as a freshman last year.

I don’t know if it’s speed, Egbule is pretty athletic. What gets me is when he lets tackles get their hands on him. He doesn’t adjust well or resets to make another move. He becomes neutralized the moment they get hands on him. Anenih however, is special. I watched him a ton last year and he works his way on stunts and rushes the passer well. I’m still waiting on the fastest LB on the roster (Willis-Dalton) to push for playing time too.

1 Like

Is Willis-Dalton big enough to play LB at the college level? At 5’11, 200 lbs, I was thinking he would be a safety or nickel.

1 Like

Oh, I wasn’t thinking about that. Maybe he’s moved to nickle. lol We have a lot of NB’s if that’s the case. I guess that’s not a bad thing.

I’m not opposed to really tough, fast LBs as long as they are big/strong enough to shed blockers and make tackles. Maybe our S&C coaches will beef him and Stuard up. I can’t remember how big Brandon Wilson was, but he was not huge, but plenty strong enough to play nickel, which was essentially just another LB in CTO’s defense.

2 Likes

That would be concerning in a 3-4. With only 3 dedicated linemen it’ll be harder to protect our NB/LBs from a sheer numbers standpoint. I guess we’ll find out once a offensive linemen get’s to the second level on one of them if they’re strong enough. lol

In my opinion every spot on the O-line, TE, and WR is up for grabs.

King is the starter until someone takes it from him. Number two is wide open.
At RB, I think Catalon and Car split time and who starts is more like a reward for doing the best job in practice and the previous game. Car tends to drop the ball, so right now I think Catalon will get the nod for the first game.

On defense, Oliver, Carter, and Chambers up front with Fleming, Vaughn, Turner backing up.

ILB is wide open, imo. OLB I think Egbule and Anenih win out.

DBs, I think Davis, Myers, Johnson, Anderson if he gets the waiver, otherwise, I like Stuard at safety because of his speed if Anderson has to sit out. Backups, Winchester, J. Williams, Wilder, Stuard.

PR, fastest guy who can make the right decision and hold on to the ball.

KR, fastest two guys suites me.

I am sure we will all be surprised by who steps up in Spring practice and fall camp to contribute significantly. There’s always someone who comes in on fire who you didn’t expect. Can’t wait to see who it is this year.

2 Likes

Agreed.

While I am not sure, his speed seems to have been affected by his weight gain. Guess we will see this year.

Mitchell who was a Freshman last year, showed some promise at RB !!

Hemphill-Mapps looks like he could be headed to Oregon, per a twitter post. Though he’s also posted UH stuff.
https://twitter.com/reggiehemphill/status/969302691582267393?s=21

Oh no, he is all over the recruiting “Mapps” LOL

1 Like