Tank Dell

Or any team that values a great receiver.

4 Likes

Yes he can be used in so many positions, plays. Tank is a Swiss Army Knife.

Dell on the Chiefs would be RIDICULOUS.

Not fair for other defenses.

4 Likes

I can visualize Dell in a Raider uniform!

Only landing spot that makes sense in this universe would be an AFC South team, where he will torment the Texans for the next decade.

5 Likes

This is his second home!

https://twitter.com/BigSargeSportz/status/1631738845640228866

2 Likes

I think he would make a great target for the new Texans QB.

1 Like

Ran a 4.5 40 on his first run. Not great. Twitter GMs blowing up about it.

But had 2nd fastest 10 yd split at 1.49

5 Likes

Most projections I read had Dell going mid-second day or third day. It’s all still good. The Texans need a #1 receiver and I see Dell more as a complimentary, slot receiver who can stretch the defense. He may be around rounds 3-5 and the Texans may take a chance.

2 Likes

I would be great value for Texans in the 4th.

1 Like

He’s quick. And he runs excellent routes. Maybe not a burner, like some were thinking. But just look at the film. Quick in and out of his breaks. Probably the best route runner in the draft. That’s how he gets his separation. And he can cut on a dime.

Hopefully teams don’t overthink him running a 4.49 versus a 4.35. It would be dumb.

6 Likes

Regardless of his 40, he is elusive against the best

1 Like

So he’s more quick than fast….but he’s fast enough IMO.

1 Like

There have been many GM’s that have been fired for falling in love with metrics and not trusting the film…

2 Likes

So not the Texans.

1 Like

Straight line speed is one of the most overrated stats in football. The list of WRs who were converted track and field athletes that couldn’t catch consistently is endless.

Give me a good route runner, in all the route trees not one or two, who is quick and elusive, with good hands and I’ll show you someone who is in demand by at least 90% of the teams.

3 Likes

One, I’ve always thought it was funny they don’t time them in pads. They play the game in full gear wouldn’t that be the more accurate time for what they show in a gane
Two I always found it amazing that measurements would outweigh actually field production.
Whoever drafts Dell will see the value immediately

4 Likes

The thing I look for from a receiver. Does he understand route concepts? Especially important when a receiver is given an option on what to run based on what defense he is facing.

Also. Can he catch the football?

The 40 yard dash may be the most overrated KPI I have ever seen in my life. Especially in football.

1 Like

Our own Carl Lewis was drafted by the Cowboys back when there were 12-15 rounds