TDECU as XFL venue

How about “The Urban Sprawl”?

5 Likes

The best thing I read about the Texans logo/jerseys/name etc. Is that there’s nothing wrong with it. But if you made a movie about football, and couldn’t use actual NFL licencing, you would have a team called The Houston Texans, with that logo, and those jerseys. Nothing bad, so much as generic and boring.

4 Likes

wow, you nailed it! So true!

1 Like

I was still a student at UH when the logo was unveiled. OfCourse there was a bunch of excitement, but I truly was/still disappointed at the Texans logo. I’d rather have a Cowboy riding a Bull or Horse if you are going to do the rodeo theme…or Maybe just a Texan dressed in his Rodeo Gear…but that Bull logo with a star for the eye look very generic at best. They need a logo change since 2002…IMO!

How about a nickname around zoning . . . . . Houston No Zones . . . . . maybe Houston Pot Holes . . . . . Houston Strip Malls . . . . . Houston Traffic Congestion . . . . . Houston Speedway . . . . . Houston 500 . . . . .

I believe they were supposed to be the Houston Toros or Texas Toros…until McNair changed his mind at the last minute and went with Texans. That’s why they ended up with the Bull logo as it would have made sense with the Toros nickname.

2 Likes

I think the same thing. I’ve never been a fan of the logo. It seems to be unnecessarily futuristic.

2 Likes

Bayou City Blues…Houston Astonauts, Houston Oilers…(Why Not, its not NFL)…

Unfortunately, all Oilers trademarks and such are still held under lock and key by the Adam’s family. It’ll take holding all of them at gunpoint, and quite frankly maybe executing one to show we’re serious, to get them to give it up, especially to Houston, TX.

4 Likes

I say we call the XFL team the Apollos,…and when Houston gets a NHL franchise, bring back the Aeros.

I had wanted the NFL team to be called the Apollos, but Texans won out.

1 Like

Edmonton still have name “Oilers”. I thought that Adams only can keep us from using it in the NFL. Can they stop an XFL team from using name or colors?

I would also prefer a new color scheme and uniforms. I have never liked those uniforms.

I’m not a legal expert, by any stretch. But my basic understanding is that it they own the trademarks. They can put the kibosh on just about any usage of Oilers related things. For example color schemes, logos, names.

Anything like that especially for football teams is going to guarantee a cease and desist order. And if escalated a pretty easy lawsuit win.

Perhaps Vince McMahon could purchase the trademarks to those logos, etc., from their current owners, or pay a licensing fee to use them.

That said, I don’t want the team to be called the Oilers.

As I said…APOLLOS!!!

1 Like

Continue with the Space City Theme…

3 Likes

The Houston Prop B’s

1 Like

I concur!

Astros…Rockets…Comets…Aeros…APOLLOS!!!

4 Likes

Houston Heat?

3 Likes

Yep, Adams’ daughter is no better than her father.

2 Likes

Curious . . . . . what does the son of a Greek God have to do with the space program ? ? ? ? ?