TDECU as XFL venue

Then they will have a better brand of crappy football.

They’ll be playing in the spring so they’re branding shouldn’t be up when our football team is playing other than during the Spring game.

Just saying I don’t think the quality of football will be of interest very long.

2 Likes

I think it’ll be hard to sustain two leagues running at the same time, but I could see one surviving as a sort of minor league. But, I agree, I don’t think it’ll last long-term without some kind of hook.

I did see that the XFL mentioned today that they have no restrictions on taking guys straight from high school or after 1-2 years of college and that they were going to discuss with their coaches once they were all in place. That’s an interesting possibility that may draw interest from some. Of course, I doubt the colleges will be happy with the league if they do that.

2 Likes

Here’s the article:

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/1093642615084498949

Something tells me that the XFL could also, once players finish their playing careers there, serve as a farm system/recruiting ground for future WWE performers.

Just sayin’!

2 Likes

“Big Cat” Ernie Ladd!

1 Like

Long term I think they will be. It kills the play for play arguments. Want money? Go pro. The problem has always been the NFL rules, not NCAA.

3 Likes

I think you’re right. i think it’ll be better for college football long-term as well even if it isn’t good for the blue-bloods.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’ll teach ALabama and Texas!

The G5 schools in the XFL markets should open up their facilities - stick it to the P5…

let them take their 5 star players away from them…

5 Likes

The XFL today announced multi-year agreements with ESPN and FOX Sports to televise XFL games starting with its inaugural 2020 season. XFL games will air weekly on broadcast TV (ABC and FOX) complemented by games on cable (ESPN, ESPN2, FS1 and FS2). The XFL TV schedule allows for consistent appointment viewing each week with back-to-back games starting Saturday afternoons at 2 pm ET as well as two additional games on Sunday afternoons.

Wow.

Looks like their TV deal is better than the AAF’s!

3 Likes

Way better, the AAF had to pay for TV time. XFL isn’t making money off of it, but they at least got it for free.

1 Like

We are supposed to get paid 1 million for home games.
Hope we get paid up front, but good deal for the program and more exposure for our great university.

4 Likes

CAn always use some extra money in the old Athletic Dept coffers! I hope we get some parking and concession monies as well.

I don’t think we are getting 1 million for each home game, they could rent reliant for 160k a game

I wonder how the draft is going to work out. Guys that cant make a practice squad, I suppose.

I know that the city of St. Louis will be getting about $100K per game plus all concession cash for its XFL team.

Hopefully, we’ll get something comparable.

If so, then a season will add $1 million or more in revenues…EVERY PENNY COUNTS!!!

1 Like

ha! I like the houston fire ants for a name…but it’s a pest…so…maybe something like houston roughnecks or something like that…houston oilers is probably trademarked…

there is talent available and demand for a 2nd league…but they need to move it back to after march madness college BB…that is just too good to miss…the nba is horrible…the xfl season should start in mid-april and run till july…the xfl should mike up a lot of players and let us listen to it live…who cares about profanity…and put cameras in helmets…how much could they cost these days?

1 Like