TDECU as XFL venue

I want REAL football hits. I want the QB to pee himself at the thought of a DLineman. I want WR to be scared to go down the middle.

@Joseph_Duarte
June Jones to coach Houston’s XFL team https://m.chron.com/sports/texans/article/June-Jones-head-coach-Houston-XFL-football-team-13840945.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Mobile)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral via @houstonchron

June Jones?

Really?

How 'bout some RUN AND SHOOT!!!

1 Like

Will Art Briles get his chance to return to US football in the XFL on Jones’ staff? Would be interesting since it will be on the UH campus… I don’t think the XFL would shy away from this drama. They need eyes on their product.

Let Briles coach somewhere else.

2 Likes

I only mentioned it because I found out when looking up his age that June tried to hire Art to his CFL staff. I didn’t realize they were buddies. It is an interesting possibility.

1 Like

Yeah. And less than 24 hours later, CFL denied him. It warmed my heart.

1 Like

I suspect that Vince McMahon would have fewer scruples about hiring Briles than the CFL would, but I could be wrong!

4 Likes

I don’t know the ins and outs of the scandal at Baylor. But he abandoned us. So it’d be hard to root for a team he’s involved with. Lol.

4 Likes

NO.

Them looking to June Jones as a coach could mean a league closer to NCAA football than NFL.

If so, it’s promising that they are not trying to replicate NFL play. That was my #1 complaint about the AAF.

I thought I had read somewhere that Jeff Fisher was slated to coach the Houston team?

His son who we gave an opportunity to that no one else would, signed a new contract extension and left us without blinking an eye. I don’t care what side of the fence you are on about the Baylor corruption but I want no part of that family ever again.

5 Likes

What kind of job did he take? I hate seeing coaches make lateral moves to other teams. But when they’re offered a higher position (assistant to coordinator, coordinator to HC, etc) I wish them nothing but the best when they’re not playing us.

His son had an OC job that we hired him away from.

2 Likes

Yes at Florida directional school.

Anyway it will be FSU who will learn to regret the hire.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/UHCougarFB/status/1130539674668359680

1 Like

Could the XFL use the Houston Gamblers name? June Jones is the first step. What about Mr. John Jenkins? I will watch every game if that is the case.

2 Likes

Lots of teams have used natural disasters or weather events for their team names (cyclones, hurricanes, tornadoes, crimson tide etc.).

I wouldn’t go Houston Flood because that still a pretty raw wound. But how about the Houston Localized Street Flooding.

That’s a name that you could market the heck out of. “Here comes the Localized Street Flooding, check your alternative routes but I doubt there will be any.” That is terrifying and is worth 3 points a game.

2 Likes

i bet the logo would still look better than the Texans logo. (and yes, I’m a Texan fan)

2 Likes