Terrance Arceneaux will play stretch 4 alot next season

I am surprised to see Arceneaux on that list.

Why?

Dude has a higher ceiling than Jarace if he puts it all together. And people are surprised seeing him on this list. Lol

1 Like

his cieling is insane if he ever reaches itā€¦

he has the foundation to be great at anything ā€¦and though he isnt close to his ceiling he is probably closer than it appears but he plays scaredā€¦ if he played a bit more confident, his handles and shot are decently already there

10 Likes

People keep forgetting. The NBA is really looking at potential. And what the future growth can be. Theyā€™re not looking for finished products.

Which is a reason why seniors go later in the draft.

Sasser was the best guard in America this year. But will probably be picked somewhere in the 20s. Heā€™s closer to a finished product than a lot of the freshmen that will go before him.

2 Likes

I agree.

Me tooā€¦ I donā€™t see Arceneaux as a fully developed player- YET. Last season he looked tentative and unsure of what he was doing, The talent is obvious. When he gets comfortable, look out!

6 Likes

A little bit like Mark. But i think his jumpshot is naturally better! I hope coach doesnt micro managed as much on offense next season. Let the players play a bit looser!

1 Like

I agree and he is growing.

If Terrance starts at the 4, we will be elite defensively despite LJ. Sampson learned from that last loss. Four clutch players on the court at once is elite. Pick your poison with our center spot, we will have a player for each opponent style of post play.

1 Like

Iā€™m pulling for TA to make the jump from freshman to being a more consistent player. The potential is there but Iā€™m skeptical at this point considering how tentative he looked at times.

I just donā€™t know if TA has that alpha in him like some of the other guys. My concern is if he doesnā€™t develop. Does RW assume the role he had before being passed over? Heā€™s all heartā€¦ plays his tail off, which I love. Just as tentative as TA, though. This is why Iā€™m hoping we sign a stretch 4 or another athletic wing with experience.

Is a must.

Nobody is coming here unless they meet the culture, get lots of NIL money and are guaranteed to start.
TA will start and be one if our make or break guys.

1 Like

Patience, B! :writing_hand:

I could see him getting more comfortable as the season went on. Some guys need the playing time in actual games to develop. Thatā€™s going to be the conundrum with CKS. Gotta play the kids even if they arenā€™t fully dependable. Otherwise itā€™s only 5-stars like Jarace that are going to get minutes early for us.

2 Likes

i dont know if this is possible, but something that could really help arcenueax is to set up a summer league team/pro-am team for him and tell him to go out there and be taking all the shots ā€¦ get used to the idea of being the man on a teamā€¦

i genuinely think TA issue is that he has never had to be the guy on any team he has ever played forā€¦and they still winā€¦ he has won a ton of games doing 10-15 a game in hs/aau being the secondary/third scorerā€¦ he doesnt have a killer alpha instinct becuase theres been no need to develop one till this point

2 Likes

Plus he played his freshman year for a coach who can be not only demanding but intimidating.
Only a matter of time that Sampson takes off the reigns.

Serious question. Who replaces Jaraceā€™s rebounds next year?

Someone from the transfer portal.

1 Like

Right now our roster isnā€™t a good rebounding team. Smaller guards, Dunn isnā€™t a rebounder, and Jā€™wan could be hit or miss. The only great rebounder on our team is Francis. We need another elite or great rebounder.