Texans fire HC Lovie Smith

2 Likes

I know that Lovie Smith makes some stupid calls but if we keep firing coaches after one year, we’re never going to get anywhere

3 Likes

Cal McNair remains the owner…that’s the real problem.

25 Likes

If the Texans keep crappy coaches who blow the #1 pick and loses 13 or 14 games a year, they will never be any good. They should not have hired Lovie in the first place.

6 Likes

You can tell Cal McNair was mad when Lovie went for the win. Im glad he got fired!!!

Bone head move from Lovie

2 Likes

Who was the one that hired him?

Caserio. You think hes next ?

McNair is the owner!!! There is the problem!!!

2 Likes

Hes not without fault and to be blame, also. But he seems hes learning from his mistakes of suddenly owning a team. I mean he was clueless when he took over but lately he seems to be learning on the job. And i dont think hell sell the team.

Hes the real life Billy Madison

6 Likes

This franchise goes in circles. The last thing it needs is an owner who is “learning”. As soon as Drayton McClane sold the team to a competent owner like Jim Crane, they headed in the right direction and made the right hires and right moves. The Texans are predictable. On Sundays, I call it as I see it every game that I happen to tune into for a little bit.

1 Like

Lovie knew he was getting canned, ultimate troll job by winning the last game

17 Likes

When they need to win games, they lose them. When they need to lose, they win them.

5 Likes

They’re mad at Lovie for winning the last game.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

The biggest problem I have with this is Caserio gets to pick a third coach. He should be fired as well. Completely clean house or else there will be more shenanigans next year.

3 Likes

That was an ignorant move by an a-hole that didn’t appreciate the opportunity the McNairs gave him! He knew he was going to be let go and so he went for the win knowing full well a win for the Texans was actually a major loss! What an ungrateful DH! If he wanted to win so badly why didn’t he try to win from the beginning of the season when wins matter for the team instead of wait until the last game that was meaningless for the team where the opposing team wanted to lose anyway before he tried to win?

Frankly, if I were Cal McNair I would have fired him with two games left on the season so that he can’t pull off this cheap shot against the team. I would then have Nick Caserio tell the QB to throw an incomplete pass or an INT to help the team get that #1 pick. If Mills looked to be noncompliant then bench his ass and let the backup play the game! Why take any chances? It’s unbelievable to me how anybody could throw away a #1 pick just to win a game that is actually a loss for the team if it wins? These buffoons are so stupid and incompetent that they can’t even lose a game that they had to lose in order to help their team! But they never had any problem with losing games that are important to them though!

2 Likes

I agree. He goes for the win today, yet played for the tie week 1. Very hypocritical. Lovie was never the guy though. Caserio has one more opportunity to get it right or he’s next.

1 Like

Throwing a game is definitely different than tanking by playing those on the end of the bench.

Throw a game by telling players to lose? Fines, for sure, lawsuits a possibility, and maybe even a crime considering the amount of money at stake is well beyond that required for a felony.

Don’t forget who the anti-Texans were going to hire before they pivoted to Smith.

Josh McCown.

The list of good candidates willing to take this garbage job gets shorter every year. If the NFL had relegation, Houston would disappear forever.

3 Likes

This was never a serious hire. It was meant to get them through the season with a team in the running for a top pick and to avoid the Brian Flores lawsuit by hiring the colossally unqualified white guy that they wanted.

Lovie knew he was being used. The team started getting better, not good - just better, and beat a crappy team because they have pride and the players will always play to win.

They were probably hoping for a top three or four pick. They weren’t prepared to have to rely on a lame duck head coach to do them a solid and tank the last game of the season for the actual number 1 pick.

They should have fired him sooner. Not because Lovie Smith is an a hole, but because he’s not going to sell his guys out. He “saved” them by taking that position in the first place.

Josh McCown might have tanked for them, but not Lovie.

11 Likes

Only saving grace is that the Bears already have a QB…

Unless they trade back it shouldn’t affect the Texans’ QB selection.

2 Likes