Texans...lol

Mine would be:

1. Coogs (law school alma mater, and Dad’s grad and law school alma mater; fan since 1977 when my family had season tickets growing up in Houston)
  2. Case Western Reserve Spartans (yeah, I know, Division III, but that’s my undergrad alma mater, and they are often in DIII playoff contention)
  3. Illinois Fighting Illini (grad school alma mater; they’re my only “P5” alma mater, but they haven’t given me much to cheer about)
  4. Central Michigan Chippewas (another grad school alma mater; they did well when I was in school there, and had Antonio Brown, but the MAC is CRAP football overall)
  5. Texans (I’m a fan, but they’re not a high priority for me; if they make a deep playoff run, then I’m sure I’ll get with it!!!)
3 Likes

Case Western is the Harvard of Ohio. Miami will tell you it is them, but anyone with any sense knows it is Case Western. Ohio fascinates me, its like Texas, They both have a big high school football culture. Both states are industrial and have a common sensical approach to life and problems.

But I digress, Case Western is a great school.

2 Likes

Was that the Logo you used to sport in your Coogfans avatar?

It changed over the years. For the last few years though, I’ve used the Cougar you see currently, which is a pencil drawing that I did.

At one time, I had a blue spartans helmet from CWRU, but that made little sense when posting on a UH fan board. At one point, I also took an old Western Reserve Red Cat and superimposed a UH logo on its chest, but ultimately, I decided that the best logo for coogfans was a hand drawn Cougar!

2 Likes

Nice Artwork, Counsellor! You are gifted!

1 Like

Thanks.

2 Likes
  1. Houston Cougars - undergrad/alma mater
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers - 2nd Bachelor
  3. University of the Incarnate Word - Graduate degree and my FCS program.
  4. Any NFL team for which a Coog plays/starts
3 Likes

Houston Cougar Football
Houston Cougar Basketball
Houston Astros Baseball
Houston Rockets Basketball

The rest of them are below the caring line.

Houston Texans Football
U.S Olympic (fill in the blank)
Anyone playing UT Football

4 Likes

Houston Cougars - BS alma mater. That degree is as far as I went; at 33 when I graduated, I had enough. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Military paid for my degrees after UH…

I also have an Associate in Applied Science from the Community College of the Air Force and an Advanced Graduate Certificate in Leadership Studies from Johnson University in Tennessee.

I am done after the Grad Cert. It basically was all the courses for a PhD without having to do a dissertation.

Coogs are my first love though.

3 Likes

Well, we are now seeing the results of BOB (Boob) acting not only as HC, but also as de facto GM…
The Best of All Possible Worlds !!!

This garbage is unwatchable. So I haven’t watched an NFL game in years.

All of my money and attention goes to my Cougars. Way out here, if we are on tv, I don’t care what sport it is…I’m watching !!!

4 Likes

Lol

Montcoog: :fist_right::fist_left:

1 Like

Heard on CBS sports radio yesterday:
Texans are @$40 million under salary cap & are about to put DeShaun Watson behind one of the worst OLs in recent memory.
Journeymen & castoff everywhere & potentially starting 2 rookie college OTs at OGs.

Hilarious…in a sad way.

7 Likes

BOB record with the Texans:
80 regular season games and 4 play off games
regular season w / l 42 / 38 = 52.5%
play offs w / l 1 / 3 = 25.0%
total record for 84 games is 43 / 41 = 51.9%
See, he really is a winning coach :rofl:

5 Likes

They exist to make money, not win championships. When losing starts costing more than losing they will make changes.

5 Likes

Sad thing is that, with Luck retiring, the division is awful. Team may win it with a 7-9 record this year…and it might be the Texans that end up in that spot. Watch, they’ll extend BoB becuase he makes the playoffs if they end up the division champions.

6 Likes

Oh Brother, another 3 to 5 more years…I can’t take hearing about them or seeing BOB on TV!

2 Likes

This franchise will always be a joke as long as the same billionaire dumdums are in charge.

4 Likes

That’s the same crap they’ve been doing since year 1 and the main reason I don’t watch anymore. David Carr should have sued! If it weren’t for Watson’s feet, he’d be done in 4-5 years too.

4 Likes

Watson elusive but still so beat up he had to take a bus to the Jacksonville game.

The air pressure on his cracked rib, bruised lung, & partially collapsed lung was a health hazard.

This season behind this OL could take some serious spring out of his step.

5 Likes