Texans release Watt

At his request. Could the Texans screw up anything more?

2 Likes

Actually, although they could have gotten a draft pick (not a high one in my opinion) for him, I think it’s a classy move- this way he can pick where he wants to go. Maybe he can join his brothers in Pittsburgh. No issue with what the Texans did here- there are plenty of other things they are rightfully getting bashed for.

4 Likes

Yes it was the franchises correct move for a change, but consider why he wants to get out of town. He wants no part of their carnival.

5 Likes

Don’t they have a character coach and an executive who talks to Jesus (or at least texts him occasionally).

4 Likes

You’re right, @dailycoog- can’t blame anybody who wants to leave.

2 Likes

I’d like to see Watt go to Tampa!

edit: Go get a super bowl ring Watt!!!

2 Likes

Actually YES! They released an asset without getting anything in return. How hard would it have been to trade him to a desired team (Packers, Steelers, etc) and land a 4th round pick instead.

Once again, the Texans care more about PR than making smart business savvy moves to help them win a championship.

Just give away your current second best player for NOTHING!

6 Likes

Just sell the team to St Louis

4 Likes

Texans did right thing. Personally, I think it’s time for Watt to retire. He hasn’t been the same since the neck injuries, and that’s not something you want to play around with. He’s already made the HOF. Let him enjoy the rest of life, somewhat free of pain.

1 Like

It’s David Koresh disguised as a Character Coach.

I heard in the past, he got on players for not posting Bible verses on their social media.

Forget the fact that not ALL of the players are Christian…and for those that are, they are not all EVANGELICAL Christians.

Total disrespect by the Texas organization to force one religion’s beliefs over another.

4 Likes

Can we get the Titans/Oilers back? We can call them the Toilers.

2 Likes

Garbage organization, has ALWAYS been about one thing and one thing only…$$$$$. No incentive to go win as they’ll make basically same $$$ whether go 4-12 or 12-4…suckers lined up to buy tickets. They’re going to just be awful for years…perfect time for Coogs to get hot

5 Likes

Anyone think Watt makes it through another full season?

3 Likes

I think his contributions off the field and his community involvement will be missed a great deal more than what he has left as a football player.

4 Likes

“No Case Keenum, No Andre, No Hopkins, No Watson, No Watt, No Honey Badger”

Plus no standing for our National Anthem

4 Likes

He may not have been the same, but he was still the Texans best defensive player last season. I wonder if he goes to Green Bay or Pittsburg.

1 Like

Its going to take a long time for this organization to recover from this period of time. But they have to hit bottom first and then figure out how to build it back to where they are competitive again. It may take a sell of the franchise to clean house or Bob’s wife realizing a house cleaning is required. Bare minimum, it is probably a good 5 years, maybe 10 based upon when someone wakes up over there and figures out drastic actions are required.

2 Likes

Good. JJ deserves better than this dumpster fire.

4 Likes

You’re not going to be like Woodmark and ruin threads with political nonsense.

5 Likes

Losing Jamey Rootes was a much much bigger loss

2 Likes