Texans release Watt

One could argue, that by Cal taking the team in a totally different direction under his bud Jack Easterby, is that he is going in a very different direction from his Dad Bob who built what was in place before.

Its difficult to understand how a guy goes from Character Coach (1st one in NFL history with the Patriots), to team Chaplain to Director of Football Opererations and that included with the Patriots and not just the Texans. Besides Cal McNair, he sure suckered pretty tough minded people including Bill Biliichick and Bill O’Brien.

1 Like

Since I don’t follow the Texans or pro football and none of our kids plays there I don’t care.

5 Likes

Ah yes, the “I don’t care about pro football” post that always pops up in any thread about the Texans or pro football. So you don’t care, those of us who do follow pro football, really don’t care that you don’t care.

2 Likes

Gotta have at least one “look at me I’m so cool not following the pros” post when the pros come up don’t we?

Since this page is about the University of Houston I wonder is there a Texans or NFL page somewhere for you? I care that your caring is misdirected and not relevant to the University of Houston.

3 Likes

How will anybody care about the Texans next year? The faces of the franchise are gone. What is there to root for?

3 Likes

Kai Imi Fairbairn is a pretty good extra point kicker. It is something to build on.

Come on Dana this is our chance.

1 Like

What I care about is none of your business. If you don’t like pro ball that’s your business and you can simply ignore all pro ball references. But you seem to think you should tell others what we should care about. That’s pretty arrogant, in my opinion.

1 Like

Why not sell them to Farmington, New Mexico ? ? ? ? ?

1 Like

Cougardue,

The XFL will be back up in 2022.

We’ll see if it sticks.

Maybe some disaffected Texans fans will migrate there.

I come here to read about the University of Houston and its sports teams. If there are more posts are about Tom Brady or JJ Watt, than say the University of Houston spring football, I wonder where the moderators are. Non topical posts, like yours, dilute the value of the page which is devoted to the University of Houston.

2 Likes

Lighten up Francis

3 Likes

I think JJ would do well at Pittsburgh. Folks thought Alualu was washed up when the Steelers signed him. JJ has more gas in the tank than people think, imo.

2 Likes

It is getting out of hand right now as the Texans have just announced they have hired a new “character coaches” who is one of Easterby’s proteges with the Detroit Lions. His name is Dylan Thompson, a 29 years old dude who was working with the Lions last year. With the addition of Dylan Thompson, Easterby is bringing in more of his “Christian” fratboys to the Texans organization. I simply can’t imagine how much more dysfunctional the Texans are going to be next year and beyond! Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Easterby works his way to stealing the team from the McNairs!

1 Like

It’s simple — don’t open posts obviously about the Texans or pro ball and only open posts about the Coogs. There are tons of Coog fans that do follow the Texans or pro football that are interested in JJ Watt.

2 Likes

Who the hell needs a character coach? This is just an Easterby snitch planted in the locker room.

3 Likes

with the entire city turning against the Texans, this is our chance to grab some of that mind/market-share

3 Likes

The Texans will still sell out every game and have a waiting list for season tickets.

I do find it interesting. If you talk to Houston fans they all claim they Luv ya Blue but Adams left because we weren’t selling out. Now Houston fans tell me how bad the Texans are, yet they always sell out.

He left because Bud wasn’t well liked and Mayor Bob told him to shove it when he wanted a brand new stadium downtown after he had demanded a big investment in the Astrodome.

I am not sure the Texans will continue to sell tickets as they have, I know and have heard of many dumping their tickets over all of this nonsense. We’ll see.

2 Likes