Texas #1

According to CBS sports aftet they beat an overhyped Gonzaga team…lol

They jumped them 11 spots!

1 Like

Ridiculous. They were favorites at home vs Gonzaga. I think they’re nice but i think Mark Few bunch was overrated. They’re closer to a top 15 than top 3 team.

1 Like

I told you so on the other thread just after they beat the Zags.

Sorry, but this reminds me of this.

5 Likes

Stupid biased article.

2 Likes

Ridiculous

1 Like

5 Likes

You can’t do that anymore. Flag on the play. They will get their feelings hurt.

2 Likes

Can’t really take CBS Sports that serious anymore after they had Iowa State as a 1 seed and IONA as a 7 seed for beating a mid Alabama team last year honestly

2 Likes

Disastrous attempt at sports commentary. Unfortunately so much media now is driven just for clicks.

1 Like

The same guy had Michigan St jump from unranked to top 10 after losing to Gonzaga and beating Kentucky in double overtime.

3 Likes

I think it makes sense. Kentucky was top 5 and Gonzaga was the number 1 team in the nation.

1 Like

Gonzaga was the number 1 team and Texas just beat them, is not that crazy

1 Like

It’s basically just a power ranking that gets updated every few days. Parrish doesn’t even submit a ballot for the AP Poll. Ava guess always been a cheerleader for our program. Folks gotta calm down.

He has Texas A&M at 17.

Which brings me to a subject that I will never understand, which is why A&M won’t play us in basketball. Why is that not a game every year.

It benefits A&M to play us.

The same with Arkansas.

I just don’t get it.

Good. Keeps the chip right on our shoulder, where it belongs.

umm… Gonzaga is #2. All this is classic “Texas is back” overreaction. No other team in the country benefits from this silliness more than them.

2 Likes

…because Texas A&M is afraid of playing blue bloods. Especially, ones that are that close to them.

They have a big inferiority complex…probably the biggest in the nation

1 Like

Gonzaga was #1 in the previous iteration of the CBS Top 25 and 1 released the day before this one. The rankings are released daily.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-michigan-state-vaults-into-top-five-in-top-25-and-1-after-win-over-kentucky/

He had Gonzaga as no. 1 . So for him Texas just beat the number 1 team. It is his rankings.