Texas A&M

Lopez is a Ding Dong, but I have to admit that I will feel a ton of relief when CKS inks that new contract!

1 Like

Yep he is the one who made a big deal out of our surrounding neighborhood and how it hinders our attendance because people fear for their lives. Andre Ware called in and straightened him out…well, at least temporarily…haters gonna hate…

2 Likes

I remember that…that was one of the most ridiculous takes I had ever heard frm someone with a college degree. Especially since he had a son attending UH while he said that.

Hope he win right away…if you dont, you are out of work within a few years…

I heard there was a real buzz around the aggie bball program now…too bad they had all of their commits decommit…

Indeed; and that is one of my pet peeves against everyone who knocks UH for that reason (we can thank the Houston comical and many of our “friends” at uta and atm for that - and Rice too!).

I have been attending various “events” at UH at night for more years than I will even try to count. I also am a night owl who goes out to eat every night at favorite restaurants all over town, often rather late at night, and I often drive through the third ward late at night.

I know that bad things can happen in the third ward, just like every other part of a big city; but I HAVE NEVER SEEN A SINGLE BAD INCIDENT ANYWHERE IN THAT AREA - EVER - IN WAY MORE THAN HALF A CENTURY!!!

So, Lopez, the Houston comical and all our “friends” at other schools can just put that fact in their pipes and smoke it!

4 Likes

And to those who speak bad things about the neighborhood: Yes, there were bad things that happened. But, you also have a bunch of good people around the neighborhood as well that do not put up with the bad stuff. I grew up there. We had neighbors who would make sure we where doing the rihht thing plus watch us from others. I had a good life while I lived there. When I attended UH, I saw a few people I grew up with attending UH as well. It is not as bad ad some think. And no matter where you are on this planet, you better be careful and not just trust because you are in a percieved good area, because crime happen everywhere.

4 Likes

Imagine how impressive our campus will look when the Third Ward gentrifies. It’s just a matter of time…the location, in the grand scheme of the inner loop/city, is just too valuable to ignore.

2 Likes

Someone needs to go along Scott street clean all that crap out of there, put in a long line of restaurants, bars etc across from stadium, make it more like a college campus

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MattSBN/status/1113440787180740608

7 Likes

Quick…someone find a “Skeeter” and give him the agy baseball job.

1 Like

“Red”

2 Likes

He was – ‘Skeeter’-- Baseball coach forever at SHSU

1 Like

Jimbo and Buzz are very southern names. Perfect for Petticoat Junction. I mean College Station.

2 Likes